Last week, Sophia and Rachel didn't take a morning nap at least 4 out of 7 days. Morgan's morning nap was about 20 minutes long. It became all too clear to me that it was time to make the switch to one nap. I think I have resisted as long as possible, but it's time now.
We started yesterday. I was determined to make nap time 12:30pm. Bob and I decided to get the girls out of the house after breakfast to keep them entertained, so we took them to Home Depot. We picked out new flooring for the kitchen, checked out some paint samples, and bought a chain saw. (Bob is cutting down the fruit trees so our backyard will be more kid friendly.) The girls did pretty good until we got home around 11am. Morgan started melting down. Rachel and Sophia were okay at that point. I fed them lunch..... then all three of them started the meltdowns. I turned to our trusty friends, "The Wiggles," and let the girls watch TV for a while before I gave them their bottle. At 12:30, it was time for nap and they were all asleep within 5 minutes. They slept almost THREE HOURS, which is like a miracle for naps in this house!
Today....so far, so good. I took them for a walk this morning and then we came home and played until lunch time. When I put them down....5 minutes..and bam....they were OUT! They've been sleeping for an hour and a half now. I think this schedule is going to be good for us. We can start doing more outings in the mornings. Before, I was always limited to only going out between 12-1:30. Now we have a few hours in the morning to do whatever.
I could really get used to these long afternoon naps. We just need to get through the next week or so while we adjust!


When Molly was going down to one nap, I dreaded it. I wanted (no... needed) that time away from her in the morning. But when the change was upon me, I was THRILLED to find out that meant I got a WAY long chunk of time in the afternoon. I can't wait for the twins to be on one nap... but they're not ready...
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it's working out well so far for you.. one long nap is HEAVEN! We never go anywhere in the afternoon.. just before naptime :)
ReplyDelete