Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hardest. Time. Ever.

I know this lovely flu/nasty cold is only the first of many to hit us all at the same time. Thankfully, Bob has the best immune system I've ever known and is the only one who isn't sick.

We are on day 8 of this lovely illness. It all started last Saturday when Rachel and Morgan had the poopers that I thought would never end. Sophia never got that part thank God. The cold, stuffy runny noses, and cough is the worst right now. Morgan is pretty much on the mend. She does have a leftover cough, but is pretty much back to sleeping all night and being mainly happy during the day.

Poor Sophia is having trouble breathing through her nose and has a cough that turns her precious little face red. She has trouble drinking her milk because she sucks the milk down while trying to breathe through her mouth. She keeps coughing milk up and then wants nothing to do with her bottle. She is getting enough though so she'll be fine. It's just so hard to see her miserable.

Rachel had a rough night last night. She had a fever in the middle of the night of 101.4, but by around 5am, her fever broke and she was able to get some sleep. Poor thing had been up about every 20-30 minutes overnight because she was having trouble breathing through her nose and coughing. During the day today, she seemed so much better. She just had the occasional cough. When I put her to bed tonight, she started coughing and ended up throwing up in her crib for the second time this week. Bob had gone out to get us dinner so I changed her sheets, and cleaned her up. She woke up again a little while ago because it's so hard for her to sleep when she can't breathe.

I woke up this morning feeling worse and my right eye is swollen. My first thought was pink eye, but I'm pretty sure it's not. I think it's because my sinuses are miserable and my face just hurts from the pressure. UGH... I just want this plague out of our house!

The past week has been a hard lesson as to what life is like taking care of three sick toddlers while I've been sick myself. It's been nothing short of awful. I think I got worse this weekend because I haven't had any rest or time to get myself better, which is fine. I'm a mommy now and that is how it is. I just didn't know it was this hard. I had to drag my butt out of bed so many times last night so help Rachel and it wasn't the first night this week that I didn't get any sleep. I do have to admit that the only upside (not that it's a good thing at all) to all of this is that my babies have been so cuddly this week and I've really been soaking up all love! :)

I keep wondering when we'll all be better. This week has been so hard on us. My poor mother had to expose herself to this. She was here three days this week to help me with the girls, wash dishes, fold laundry.... go get us groceries! I'm so thankful that she helps us so much whenever we need it. Also, Bob has been so amazing this week. He took a day off of work Wednesday so I could get a little extra rest. Then today, after he worked in the yard for a while (which is much needed right now too) he played with the girls, fed them dinner, cleaned the kitchen....all while I slept for about three hours. I'm so glad he isn't sick too.

Blah... I'm hoping we all get better really soon. The girls and I haven't been out of the house in over a week and I think we all have cabin fever. They've watched Sesame Street and The Wiggles more times than I would like to admit, but they've been so sick that it's the only thing that has kept them from crying all day. I have a whole new respect for my triplet mom friends who have school age children. I really was so naive and didn't think it would be this hard when we all got sick. Dragging a mattress out of a crib to clean up puke while a baby is crying and you feel like you're going to puke yourself....yeah, not a good time.

I keep telling myself....just a few more days and we'll all be better! Please keep those prayers coming!

As soon as we're better I'm going to get the girls out of the house for some better stimulation than our stinking television! UGH!

2 comments:

  1. We will be praying for you. I wish I could wave a wand and make it go away or be there to help. You're a great mommy...your girls are the luckiest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your week has sucked so much. Hang in there and let me know if there's anything I can bring by for you.

    ReplyDelete