Monday, March 8, 2010

Sick babies and a nauseated Mommy

TMI Warning. This post is mainly about POOP.

It all started Saturday morning. Morgan woke up with a surprise for Mommy. She had a major poopy diaper blow out. It was all the way up her back. Poor baby. I had to clean her up as best I could with wipes so she could still drink her bottle that I knew she wanted. As soon as she had her milk, we headed right up to the bath tub.

Then at lunch, Rachel made a poopy mess in her high chair. I usually keep a onesie on them underneath their clothes, but not this time. (lucky us) Poor baby was eating her lunch and then stopped. She grunted at Mommy and then was covered in poo. It went up her shirt, into her belly button and alllllllllllll over the back of the high chair. I had to call Bob from outside (he's turning our backyard into a child proof play area). He came to finish up lunch with Sophia and Morgan while I took Rachel upstairs for her bath.

It was just a messy messy day. Plus, all three of them have had snotty noses for the past several days. Poor Morgan has an icky cough now too.

Then last night, Rachel was up from around midnight to 3am coughing, snotting up, and crying. I had her in bed with me and was trying to calm her. She was in and out of sleep, but I was awake because its not easy to sleep with a snotty restless one year old. I felt so bad for her. By 3am, she was finally good and asleep so I put her in her crib. I got about 3 hours of sleep until 6am when they all woke up. Bob got up with them around 7 and I went back to sleep for another hour.

Sophia is the healthiest one at the moment. Rachel seemed back to her normal self today. Morgan still has a cough and snotty nose. It was a lonnnnnnnng day for this mommy. I don't feel so good myself. I think the girls had some sort of stomach bug that caused all the poopers. I've been having stomach cramps and nausea all day. UGH....

So I hope I feel better in the morning. Sophia and I have her physical development evaluation to go to. She is really in the "if you're not my mommy, I don't want you near me" phase. I'm afraid she's going to cry the whole time. But you never know, maybe she'll surprise me!

I hope this little virus/bug/illness/whatever it is....leaves our house asap! I don't like seeing my babies sick. Ugh!

2 comments:

  1. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea... is this your new weight loss strategy? :) Hope you all feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Praying you guys are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete