Now we're in nap limbo.... I'm losing this game too. :)
I tried. We tried.... Gave it our all... It was just too early to function on one nap. Tuesday and Wednesday mornings were beyond miserable. The girls literally cried from 10-12:30 when it was nap time. Lunch time was a huge mess with yogurt hair treatments and food all over everything. The girls were just TIRED!
Yesterday and now this morning, morning nap has returned. Yesterday, Rachel didn't sleep during her morning nap, but she played in her crib while I took a shower. Morgan and Sophia were sleeping within 5 minutes. This morning??? They are all sleeping and it didn't take long at all. I don't know what this means or how long it will last, but for now, I'm going to keep letting them sleep in the mornings. If they don't sleep, we'll just have quiet time and then maybe adjust the afternoon nap a bit. I'm going to do what freaks me out the most..... On the days they skip morning nap, I'll wing it with my master schedule. We all know I HATE not being on schedule. I figure I'll see how the next couple of months go. Maybe we'll be ready for one daily nap by the Summer.
I have to honestly say I will miss those long 2-3 hour afternoon naps. It was pure bliss. I got dishes done, laundry folded, and I even got to sit down and eat lunch! (insert gasp here). I liked the idea of being able to have the morning to go out and do things, but we can wait for that. The girls need their beauty sleep and I need my sanity!


No comments:
Post a Comment