Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dinner at Grandma's house

When the girls woke up from their nap yesterday, I decided to load them up and head to my mom's house for dinner. I want to try and get them out more often. I've always been afraid of feeding them somewhere other than our house. It's just a big hassle that usually makes me nervous. I think I'm finally at a point that I can handle it. The worst that could happen is they all meltdown and don't eat much. In the grand scheme of things, that really isn't a big deal! (haha..see, I'm trying to let go of some of my hang ups!)

I wish I had brought my camera because they were cuter than ever. When we got to Grandma's house, I set up some gates to give them a play area in her living room. They loved it. Rachel and Morgan just took off exploring the new area. As usual, Sophia sat back with me for the first several minutes before she decided it was okay to play. The cutest part was their reaction to my mom's little dog, Tippy. Morgan would follow Tippy wherever she would go. They would all laugh anytime Tippy walked around. They thought she was hilarious for some reason. Even funnier, Tippy.......was afraid of the girls and didn't know what to think. She was trying to hide from them. It was fun to see how the girls reacted to her. I think we might be ready for a trip to the zoo! I think they might like the animals.

I brought the girls' booster seats so we could feed them dinner. They ate pretty good. Of course they threw a large amount of food on the floor as always. The difference? My mom didn't need to sweep it up. Tippy ate it all! Makes me almost want a puppy. (Yeah right!.)

Overall, we had a good time. We'll definitely do it again soon. I know it sounds strange that they haven't been to Grandma's house many times. It's just a lot to get them and all their gear over there! My mom usually just comes to our house. But I think we will start to get over there more often. The change of scenery was good for all of us.

I did have to pack up the house to get them there though. We brought 3 booster seats with trays, 8 panels of the super yard gates, a change of clothes for all just in case, food for them since we still do some baby foods, sippy cups, the small triple stroller...... the diaper bag..bibs... the list goes on! But it was totally worth it. We had such a good time. Plus, my mom has a pool so we'll be swimming a lot this Summer.

Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Barbara! The more you get out of the house, the easier it will get.

    ReplyDelete