Rachel is really into counting. She counts to ten over and over again. My favorite thing is that she says, "sayyen" for "seven." Morgan does too. I love, love, love it and don't want to correct them.
Sophia really loves to say what things are. We have a book that has pictures of all sorts of things. She likes to say, " It's a butterfly," it's a banana... then she says "yaaaayyyyyy" when I say "good job." Her favorite food right now is chips. Not the most healthy thing, but that girl can eat cheddar sun chips like they are going out of style. She even asks for them. She'll come up to me and say, "chip, chip, chip." It's so cute. It's not so cute when I have to tell her no and she throws herself down on the floor to show me who she thinks is the boss.
I have two out of three who are sick again. I know! We were JUST sick. It's so frustrating. Sophia and Rachel have been coughing since the weekend. And to make things extra special, they started puking today. Poor girls are coughing so hard that they are puking. It took me until 11pm to get all three girls settled down and asleep tonight. The last 2 nights, I've only gotten about 2-3 hours of sleep. Those poor little coughers are keeping this mommy awake. It makes me so sad to see them sick again. So far, Morgan is in the clear. I'm wondering if they picked this up at the pediatrician's office last Friday when we had their two year old check up. The check up, by the way, went very well. I don't have their stats, but they were all between 25-28 pounds, which is in the normal range and Rachel is no longer considered underweight. Woo hoo for that! Ah, and would you believe they are all 36 1/2 inches tall. Hello basketball team!
Oh and last week Rachel pooped in the bathtub. I'm still surprised the girls are 2 years old and that has only happened twice. Not too poopy!
Hmm what else has been going?
I've kept the house clean for a week. Seriously! I should get an award for that. My sister and I went through the girls' toys and organized everything and tossed a bunch of the junk. Now everything is in bins and we don't have ALL their toys out at once anymore. It's actually really pleasant. I think the girls are able to focus on one thing at a time and not be sitting in a sea of toys everywhere. I'm also having them clean up the playroom each time we leave the room. They do really well with putting things away.
I've been cleaning the kitchen each night before I go to bed too. Well, not tonight. This is the first night in a week that I am letting the dishes sit there. It took me way too long to get the girls to sleep. No way am I going to go make noise in the kitchen!
Anyway, just having a clean house has been a huge accomplishment for me. I'm more tired and have less down time, but at least I'm not waking up to a messy kitchen or tripping over toys at 7am.
Oh and last week Rachel pooped in the bathtub. I'm still surprised the girls are 2 years old and that has only happened twice. Not too poopy!
Hmm what else has been going?
I've kept the house clean for a week. Seriously! I should get an award for that. My sister and I went through the girls' toys and organized everything and tossed a bunch of the junk. Now everything is in bins and we don't have ALL their toys out at once anymore. It's actually really pleasant. I think the girls are able to focus on one thing at a time and not be sitting in a sea of toys everywhere. I'm also having them clean up the playroom each time we leave the room. They do really well with putting things away.
I've been cleaning the kitchen each night before I go to bed too. Well, not tonight. This is the first night in a week that I am letting the dishes sit there. It took me way too long to get the girls to sleep. No way am I going to go make noise in the kitchen!
Anyway, just having a clean house has been a huge accomplishment for me. I'm more tired and have less down time, but at least I'm not waking up to a messy kitchen or tripping over toys at 7am.
In other news, I'm most likely going to be having surgery pretty soon. I'm about to get TMI....so for you men-folk or women who don't want to read about girl parts, you may want to hit the X and close this window! You've been warned.
I have had so many issues since having three babies in one day. It started with seriously long and irregular bleeding for the first 18 or so months after the pregnancy. Then for the past year or so, I've been having horrible cramps. The past 3-4 cycles have been just terrible. A couple of weekends ago, I spent the entire weekend in bed curled up with a heating pad barely able to move. I thought I threw out my back because the cramping started there, but then it got worse and moved over to my right (front) side and all the way down my legs to my knees. I have a long history with Endometriosis and haven't had a "clean up" surgery in almost 10 years. I'm sure the c-section and cutting into my uterus didn't help one bit. Anyway, my doctor was advising a hysterectomy when I was bleeding for almost a year straight, but since I had triplets under a year old, surgery just wasn't in the cards. Now that they are 2, surgery still doesn't seem like a good idea, but I don't think I can handle all of this pain much longer. It's really getting worse. I could either continue to be in pain for who knows how long, or I could get it fixed and feel better once I recover from the surgery. So we're doing an ultrasound first to double check for issues and then we'll be doing either a laparoscopy to clean up any endo that likely has returned, or depending on how things look, my doctor may just do the full hysterectomy. I got that news today. It stresses me out because I know I need to have this done, but I just have a lot going on right now. I guess there never really is a good time to have body parts removed, is there? hahaha.... Gotta laugh so I don't cry.
Alright... it seems the girls have all settled into sleepy land, and after the last few nights of almost no sleep for me, I think I shall hit the sack myself. Here's to hoping the girls are feeling better tomorrow!


No comments:
Post a Comment