Why am I writing a blog entry at 1am, you ask?
Because I didn't put the girls in their normal pajamas at bed time, that's why!
For the first time in weeks, we are finally having some nice sunny weather. It was much warmer in our house at bed time than usual, so I didn't want to put the girls in their blanket sleeper footie pajamas. They were wearing long sleeve onesies and some cotton pants all day so I just let them sleep in their clothes. They went to bed just fine.
Sophia woke up around 11pm crying a little. When I went to check on her, she looked really confused. She was sitting in her crib with one sock in her hand. She handed the sock to me, and I put it back on her. I had her lay back down, then I left the room.
Around midnight, I heard, "all done, all done," coming from the girls' bedroom. My first thought was..... wha??? Why is Sophia saying all done? I went into their room to find her standing in her crib with both socks in her hands, just like she does at the end of nap. She got so loud that it woke Morgan and Rachel up too. They both stood up in their cribs and joined Sophia in the "all done" chorus.
I told them, "not all done, it's still time to sleep." Then I left the room saying, "night night."
You can pretty much guess that they all started screaming, right? This went on for several minutes before they stopped crying and started in again will the "all done" again.
This had never happened before so I wasn't sure what to do. That's when I realized they were confused because they weren't wearing their normal pajamas. It sounds crazy, but it's so true. We always put them in zipper jammies at night. So I went downstairs and got clean diapers and their pjs. I changed each of them and got them in their snuggly jammies and did our night night song. Oh and I have to add that when I got Sophia's pajamas on her, she sighed and smiled and got herself all cozy in her crib. It was like she was relieved to be wearing them. This time, when I left the room..... they didn't cry at all.
I'm still waiting for them to fall back asleep though. Well, correction: I'm still waiting for Sophia to fall back asleep. Usually if she wakes up at night, It's for at least an hour. Sometimes two hours.
Hmmm.... this could be a long night.
You can bet your butt I will NOT be making this pajama mistake again! If it's too warm at night, we just might have to turn on the air conditioner a little earlier in the season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


So cute! It's funny how kids are creatures of habit. and as far as sleep clothes - mine sleep in play clothes a lot. A soft pair of pants and soft t-shirt are awesome. Sometimes I prefer putting that on them verses all the pj sets we have.
ReplyDeleteSoo funny.
ReplyDeleteWould you believe they were awake until almost 5am?! I'm dragging today. Blah! But yes, how is it that they just HAD to wear their jammies? Silly girls!
ReplyDeleteI love Kohl's for good pjs! They have their light cotton ones footie ones there now. I always stock up each season for Deacon and they are great because if I feel like it's necessary, I can put a onesie on underneath the pj's first.
ReplyDelete