Well, it happened. I've been initiated into the "toddler gets naked, takes off diaper and throws poop on the floor" club.
Trust me, this isn't a club you want to join.
I put the girls down for their 1pm nap this afternoon. Then, as usual, I went downstairs and made myself some lunch. While I was eating and playing on my laptop, I heard Sophia say, "poo poo, poo poo," over and over again. I grabbed a diaper and some wipes and figured I'd change her diaper and then she'd fall asleep. It's not unusual for Sophia to let one loose at the beginning of nap, so this was just another normal day for us..... or so I thought.
I keep black out shades on the girls' window so it was still pretty dark when I walked into the room. I smelled poop as soon as I opened the door! However, I looked down and saw what I thought was Rachel's purple paci on the floor in front of her crib. So I reached down to pick it up so I could give it back to her before changing Sophia's diaper.
That's when I realized I'd picked up a turd............not a paci!
I started to panic a little on the inside, but then I looked over at Sophia saying, "poo poo, poo poo, poo poo" and I saw that she was naked from the waist down and had her diaper in her hand. She had taken her pants and diaper off and then had thrown the poop ON THE FLOOR!
I was in complete shock, but started to laugh so hard at the same time. I've read several blogs and Facebook status updates from a lot of my fellow mom friends about toddlers who took their diaper off and played with their poo. I was actually dumb enough to think that it would never happen to ME! This is the kind of thing that happens to other people, right? Now I'm one of those "other" people. Enjoy it while it lasts people. YOUR turn is coming soon!
So since the poo was already in my hand and the bathroom is just right across the hall, I quickly flushed it and ran to grab Sophia since I didn't know what else I was dealing with. I leaned her over the sink and washed her hands (and mine) really good and then used wet wipes on her face even though there was no evidence that she had touched her face. I cleaned her up and got a diaper back on her and put her in clean clothes. Then I pulled all the blankets and sheets off of her bed. Once she was back in her crib, I realized I had better look around on the floor to make sure there were no other pieces of poo. I had already pulled her whole mattress out of the crib so I knew it was clean. Thankfully, I didn't find (or smell) anything else.
Needless to say.........Tomorrow at nap time, I'm duct taping her diaper closed and putting a onesie on under her pants.
In fact, maybe I should start to use duct tape on all three. Can you imagine if they had all done this at the same time? I can't even THINK about that.
This Mommy isn't messing around!
Oh and quick update about Rachel. She is doing so much better and has recovered from her pneumonia. I'm happy to report that all three are healthy!!! Whew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment