Last Friday, Sophia said Rachel's name for the first time. We were sitting at the dinner table and Rachel reached over and took Sophia's plate. Sophia looked at me and then reached to grab the plate back. Then she said, "no noooo wayychaa." I think my heart melted right then!
Rachel is saying her own name. She says it like, "Raychooo." I'll say, "Rachel, come to mommy so I can change your diaper," and she'll look at me all cute and say, "Raychoo." Whenever I say her name now, she says it.
I've talked with my doctor and have decided to go the conservative route with surgery. I'm not planning a hysterectomy at this time. The recovery time is just too much for me right now, so we've decided to do a laparascopy and remove scar tissue and endometriosis. This surgery should buy me a few more pain free years. (I hope.) However, I did give him permission to do the hysterectomy if things don't look so good in there. I have to go and sign papers on April 4th and then the surgery will be scheduled after that. What are the papers for? haha... As long as I'm having surgery, I decided that I might as well get my tubes tied. It may not be the best thing for someone with endo, but at least I won't have to worry about any "surprises." haha......I am closed for business!
Morgan is in love with Barney. I really need to take a picture with her and the stuffed Barney we have. She has claimed the Barney doll as her own. She carries him around all day and sings the, "I love you, you love me" song. She also likes to do the "Dino Dance," which is one of the fun Barney songs. She's gotten really good at jumping up and down and dancing and turning around to the music. Yeah, I need to get her on video!
Sophia and Rachel are paci free. Since they girls were around 13 months old (I think), I only allowed them to use a paci in their crib during nap or night sleep. Recently, they all started to chew through their pacis. I was buying new ones almost every time I went shopping. It got expensive and I realized it was ridiculous that I was buying so many for 2 year olds. So I decided that when they chewed through their last pacis, that was going to be it. Sophia was the first to chew hers. I thought it would be a rough couple of days for her without one, but she didn't care at all. She totally surprised me. Same thing with Rachel. She had chewed through hers a couple of days after Sophia. They have both been sleeping for naps and night sleep just fine without them. They don't even care. Morgan, on the other hand, will likely be a different story. She is addicted to hers. She has always used a different kind than her sisters. She sucks on one and holds another in her hand. She doens't chew through them as often, but she has 2 left....and I'm NOT buying any more. Honestly, I'm dreading the day I have to take her paci away. I'm going to see if I can have her snuggle with Barney instead of use a paci....who knows. I'm not looking forward to it. Plus, Morgan is such an easy kid that I um...(don't tell Bob) ...um...might cave in with her and get her more if she needs it.
That's the latest and greatest going on in the Flakes house! I must sign off and get myself some sleep now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment