What a year this has been. I have never felt so amazed in my life. God has blessed us with three beautiful amazing little girls. We went from wondering if we'd ever be parents to an instant family of five. I don't really like the saying, "what a difference a year makes," but WOW...What a difference a year makes!
I have never been more sleep deprived in my life. Somehow, I've learned to make it through the day on less than 5 hours of sleep. Sometimes less than 3 or 4 hours....and never in a row. But watching our precious girls grow and discover everything around them is worth losing sleep. We went from preemies to almost toddlers. Just saying the word, "toddler," just .....I don't even know. I can't believe we are less than 5 weeks away from their first birthday. I wondered how we'd get through this year.
There are so many people to thank I wouldn't even know where to begin. The girls are 11 months old and we still have 6 volunteers (now friends) that take turns each week and come over to help us. I don't know where I would have been without them. They've saved my sanity on many occasions. They've all seen my meltdowns were I was so exhausted and overwhelmed that I would just cry. The best part is that they all love our babies and that is just the biggest gift.
So as we say good-bye to 2009, I will always remember this year. It was the year that God blessed us with the family we always dreamed of. It was the year where we've grown closer as a couple and now have a bond for life. It was the year that I met so many new friends that I can't imagine my life without.
I'm ready for 2010. As good as 2009 was (and well...sleep deprived), I think 2010 might be even better as we watch our little babies make the transition to toddlerhood!
Happy New Year everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


ours are two and a few months now. the sleep part gets better, don't worry. and i'm glad you had help this year! there's simply no way to do it alone. in our cases, it truly does take a village.
ReplyDeletehappy new year!