First it was the car seats. Of course the girls have outgrown their infant seats. We recently purchased the Sunshine Kids Radian 65s. They are well known in the multiples community. They are the only car seat that can fit three in a row when you have a tight space. Our van??.... Definitely a tight space. Long story short, Bob wasn't able to install the seats. We had a couple of days where we wondered if we were going to get these seats in at all. I seriously thought we might have to get a new van. Anyway, I ended up taking the seats and the van into a local fire station and they got them installed for us. They had to have one of the female employees do some of the installing though. It was such a tight fit that a man's hands are too large to tighten the seat to the straps. So....it was just a stressful couple of days. I'm really thankful that our local fire department does this service for us.
So the car seats are just fine. Everything worked out and I thought I could relax.
Yeah......
A couple of days later, we start to smell this musty smell in the house. Our first thought was.... "the girls are eating more solid foods"..."and pooping more." lol... I started considering what I should do to keep the poopy diaper smell under control. I put baby powder in the trash bin, I considered buying one of those Diaper Genie thingamabobs..I had to figure something out....The smell was getting out of control.
Then I found the real source. I went into the closet that is under our staircase to get the Christmas decorations out. WOW...that closet smelled like a musty muddy rotten river. And what do you know??? We had a musty muddy rotten river flowing right underneath our house. NO JOKE! As soon as we realized that the crawl space access to our mid-level (tri level house) was at the end of that closet, we knew there had to be something wrong down there since we don't put diapers in the closet. A very good (and brave) friend of ours came over to diagnose the problem. At first he thought it was the outside sprinkler water draining under the house somehow. However, when he went under the house, he came back with a "not so positive" look on his face. Poor guy had to tell us that we had a busted pipe and that ALL the kitchen sink water and ALL the dishwasher drainage was draining under our house. The piping was completely broken. And we all know I run my dishwasher at least twice a day!!!
We were so worried it was going to cost us thousands. We ended up having to get a plumber out here to fix the pipe and then a different company to clean up the mess and pump the water out. Total bill: $1,100. I wanted to cry! Its always something isn't it? Thankfully it wasn't more so we paid the bill and our house doesn't stink anymore. The smell was the worst during the clean up. We had to open all the windows up and bundle the girls to keep warm. It was either that or smell nasty musty-ness all day...... But everything was all cleaned up this past Friday and by today, our house smells fresh again. Whew!
So that was last week.
Here's hoping for a much better week this week.!!!!
And coming soon.... We had some really cute pics taken by some pros. I will be posting them and giving the ten month update really soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment