
A couple of days before Christmas, I got a surprise package in the mail. It was from my cousin, (and BFF) Donna. When I first opened the package, I saw an old black shirt with lace on the bottom. I immediately started to laugh so hard. I have been begging Donna for that shirt for a couple of years. Every time she wore it, I'd tell her it was mine. When I saw her wearing it in pics on Facebook (or MS back in the day), I would again...tell her I WANT THAT SHIRT! But of course she wasn't giving a new shirt up that easily. My day finally came.....looks like she was finally able to part with it. hahahaha...... It might be a little worn, but I am so still going to wear it. It's MINE now! Cracks me up......
As I continued going through the contents of the package, I saw this ornament wrapped in tissue paper. When I saw what it was, my eyes started to fill with tears. It is simply the most thoughtful and wonderful gift. I had been telling her that I wanted to get something special for us to mark this amazing year. She knows me well and knows that even though I wanted something like this, I would never do it for myself. This ornament is perfect. There is no better way to mark how special this year has been.
So to my cousin and my best friend; I love you. You have been there for me through thick and thin, and I don't know what I did all those years without you in my life. Thank you for making our Christmas so memorable and special!
You are the best!


I love you, too, Barbie! I'm so glad you loved the ornament. It took me FOREVER to pick which one I wanted to personalize. I even left the booth (I was at a craft fair) to think about it and came back and thought some more. LOL! :) I'm sooo happy it's just what you wanted. And no, YOU are the best.
ReplyDelete