I've been having trouble sleeping lately. I know what you're thinking. It must be Rachel. Nope, not this time. A little over a week ago, or maybe even two weeks ago because I can't remember, Rachel's swing kinda stopped working so well. It was making all of these weird creaky noises and was barely swinging. So we were forced to put her back in her crib. Much to my surprise, it was just a night or two before she was sleeping 11-12 hours straight....IN HER CRIB!
You know, I spent a lot of time worrying that I was doing something wrong by letting her sleep in the swing. Almost everyone who knew about our "dirty little swing secret" kept telling me what a bad habit I was starting. Turns out, it was the best thing for both of us. I got more sleep, and Rachel didn't have to spend hours "crying it out." I think the swing taught her to sleep all night on her own. I don't know. Either way, I am happy with the end result. She's not sleeping 11-12 hours straight every single night. I think we've had one or two nights in the past couple of weeks where she has cried a little bit, but things are much improved around here.
So back to my original point... I just can't seem to fall asleep easily these days. If I try going to bed at a decent hour (meaning before midnight), I just can't relax and actually quiet my mind enough to fall asleep. It's like my brain is on overdrive or something. My babies are finally sleeping well but I am still sleep deprived. Maybe my body has just been in the habit of not sleeping for so long that it will take some time before I adjust back to normal. Normal... what does that even mean anymore? LOL!
Would you believe the girls' birthday is just four little weeks away? I don't know where the last year has gone and I've been awake for most of it! My babies are quickly becoming toddlers. They have changed so much just over the past couple of weeks and are growing like weeds. It seems like we just bought them their 9 month and 12 month clothes. The 9 month stuff...well, you know.. doesn't fit anymore at all other than their short sleeve onesies which even most of those are getting too short. We had some blanket sleepers that they spent less than two months wearing them. Its so hard packing up the smaller sizes. I need to do an inventory in the next couple of days to see what we have and what we will need. YIKES!
I'm also trying to get organized. The girls were super spoiled for Christmas and got SO MANY TOYS!!!! And with those toys came so many parts and blocks and balls and clutter.... All welcome clutter of course, I just need to get some bins for everything. I bought a bookshelf from Target that I am going to need to buy some baskets for so I can start storing all of the toys when we aren't using them. Right now, they are just all over the living room floor where they play. I need the storage because they have too many toys out at once and it drives me batty.
I think this is enough procrastinating on my part. It's almost midnight. I shall try and go get some sleep. Someone please tell my brain to take a little trip to the place called SHUTTY TOWN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment