Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Family of five



Last year at this time, I was on bed rest and medication worrying almost daily about making sure our babies didn't come too early. I didn't (couldn't) leave the house unless it was to go to a doctor appointment. Christmas just didn't feel as much like Christmas. There were no chestnuts roasting or yule tide carols caroling. We didn't even bother with a Christmas tree.

What did we have? We had sweet denial. Oh sweet sweet denial. We had no clue of what we were in for. Plans were made for how we would take care of three babies, but none stuck. How could they have? Unless you've been there, you don't know what its like.

And here we are. The girls are a little over ten months old and we're about to celebrate our first Christmas as a family. I've dreamed of this day. I remember two years ago, when right before Christmas, we had yet another failed cycle of fertility treatments. I was crushed and just wanted to cancel everything. I know a lot of people can't relate to that, but its something I still think about. I'm really counting our blessings this year. As hard as taking care of three babies is, I wouldn't trade our crazy life for anything.

So what are we doing now that we are 10 months old? I know you want to know!!!!

Morgan is pulling up to standing, cruising the furniture or the baby gates or us if we lay on the floor. She loves being on her feet. She can walk around all of the activity play tables if she is holding on to them. She's feeding herself certain finger foods and talking to us all day long! She thinks she is part of me...kind of like an arm or a leg... When she finds out she is her own person...... man.....

Rachel is finally sitting well on her own. We were worried for a while there, but she's really getting it now. Her favorite thing to say is still the letter H. But she's added things like hhhiiiiiiii. And mamamamamamamamama..... Mooooooooommmm She loves to watch tv too. I know its not the best thing for her, but this Mama needs a little bit of break once in a while and Elmo really has a way with our kiddos! If the tv is on, Rachel likes to crawl to the edge of the play yard, pull up to her knees and watch it.

Sophia is also finally sitting better on her own too. AND...I finally got her to eat Gerber puffs. Morgan and Rachel have been feeding themselves Puffs for a while, but Sophia finally just picked one up a week ago...and ate it! We haven't looked back! Sophia is really into discovering the world with her pointer fingers. She touches everything that way. See exhibit A.

Exhibit A (hahahahahahahahaha)


As hard as this job is, I am constantly reminded how blessed we are. No, we can't go out into public without the paparazzi (haha..that's my new name for all the stalkers and rude people who ask inappropriate questions.) following us around. And yes, I am exhausted most of them time. But we have three beautiful and healthy little girls. You can't complain much about that.

So as you are celebrating with your family this year, please think of and say a prayer for all those couples who are still longing to be parents and who are dealing with infertility. I couldn't have guessed in my wildest dreams that God would bless me with triplets!

No comments:

Post a Comment