Well, it actually is my birthday today. I can't believe I'm 29. HAHAHA... Okay, I'm 35.
Sophia gave me a special gift for my birthday. For some reason, the girls wouldn't settle down at nap time. I was surprised since, for the last week, they've been napping like perfect little angels. About an hour into nap, I heard jumping on the bed..... then I heard a very loud THUMP.
Of course, I knew exactly what that thump was. I hadn't heard it in our own home before, but lots of my friends have told me about the sound. I opened the door to their room and Sophia was crying really hard and getting up off of the floor. She had somehow climbed and then fell out of her crib. I'm sure there was nothing graceful about it. Thankfully, she is fine. Bob and I decided to give up on nap for the day since no one was sleeping.
Because today is my birthday, my mom and step-dad came over in the afternoon/early evening so that we could go on a date. It was a nice relaxing break that was much needed. We drove downtown to our favorite Spanish restaurant. The wine was excellent and the food was even better. It was a really great way to spend the day together.
After our dinner, we went to an electronics store. We were on the hunt for a camera we could mount on the girls' bedroom wall. We ended up buying one and plan to install it tomorrow. I know it's not going to stop Sophia from climbing out, but we want to be able to see if she tries. I might be in denial, but this might have been a one time thing. She once climbed over the back of our couch and fell really hard. She hasn't gone anywhere near that high on the couch since. I'm hoping she scared herself enough not to do it again........at least any time soon. I'm not ready to move them into toddler beds. I know toddler beds are not too far off, I am just not ready for that step.
We still weren't ready to go home, so we continued shopping. If you know my hubby, then you know he hates shopping. And I mean.. he HATES it.... So I was surprised that he agreed to go into Target with me.
He ended up cracking me up. We went to Target because today was the last day to get a free $5 gift card when you buy big packs of Huggies. I had to do my usual stock up on overnight diapers during this sale. Well, we went in for the diapers and ended up buying out the whole store. Bob decided we needed to finally replace our printer/scanner that hasn't worked in months. Then he decided we needed new phones..... which we actually did. Our current home phone system drops calls and are impossible to answer because you hit the on button and the phones just die. We also ended up with a new larger swimming pool for the girls. It should be big enough for us to sit in too. Then of course we had to get some new drawer organizers because I'm finally going to get all plastic sippy cups off of my kitchen counters.We ended up having a lot of fun shopping together. Mr. Never Shops.... bought a lot of electronics and stuff today. Maybe I should take him with me more often.
We got home around 7pm and since the girls didn't nap, we immediately got them ready for bed. I was so worried Sophia may jump again, so I ended up sitting outside of their bedroom door until they fell asleep. Thankfully, they were all asleep by 8 and no one tried any funny stuff!
Here's to hoping they don't try to escape their cribs in the morning.
Goodnight.....
Wow.... I'm 35.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment