Sunday, June 5, 2011

Kicking butt and losing weight...

So I wasn't going to admit this, but after "coming out" and telling some of my girlfriends tonight, I think I can share this now. The big news????

For the past two weeks, I've been working out with a personal trainer. I know.. It seems a little silly that I wanted to keep it a secret at first. For the past two years, I have been packing on the pounds and failing every time I try to lose weight. I have been complaining for months about how fat I was getting and I think Bob was a little tired of me complaining about it all the time.

So as a Mother's Day, birthday, and anniversary present (because they are all within one month of each other), he bought me a 12 week package with a personal trainer in a private studio. There just wasn't any way that I was going to step foot into a gym with other people right now.

I'm so thankful that Bob did this for me. I really need to be held accountable and have someone push me harder than I push myself. Now I have someone who is not my friend or family member who knows how much I weigh and exactly what my measurements are. You can't cheat when you have that kind of motivation. Plus, this was an amazing gift that Bob gave me so I'm not going to mess around and not drop the pounds!

I'm very happy to say that I've lost 20 pounds since my surgery. 10 of those pounds have been lost in the last 2 weeks while working with the trainer. I am starting week 3 with him this week. I'm lifting weights and doing exercises that I would never push myself to do. I thought my "at home treadmill work outs" were hard, but they are nothing compared to what my trainer has me do. It's been an interesting experience so far. I'll be honest. There are some days I'd rather sit on my butt and not work out. However, we paid for 12 weeks in advance that keeps me accountable. I am going to show up for every scheduled work out!

I go for 3 one hour sessions a week and then work out 2 days a week on my own. Now that I don't have abdominal pain anymore, I am feeling so much healthier. I just know that THIS IS IT.

This time, I am really going to stick to it and reach my weight loss goal. Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment