Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer break

So much for my goal of posting every day in June. I totally forgot yesterday and didn't remember until almost midnight, and by that time, I was ready for sleepy town. Oh well....

We are officially on summer break for all of the girls' therapies. Well, with the exception of Rachel having the behaviorist come twice a week to work on her with her eating issues. Honestly, I'm ready to kick the whole food therapy thing to the curb. It doesn't have anything to do with whether or not I like her "eating therapy team." They are really great with her and truly have her best interest at heart. However, I just don't see progress. It's increasingly frustrating because she gets so upset and will not give in and try anything. I know she's hungry too. She seems like she wants to eat, but she just won't let herself do it. She just cries. It's awful to watch. I know we should continue the therapy (and we will), but it's just so.....um..I hate it. Also, we had cancelled her autism evaluation earlier this month. Our case worker came over for a meeting and saw Rachel. So between our case worker and the therapists that were here that day, we decided she is certainly not likely on the spectrum. But now the evaluation is going to be rescheduled because the food therapy team would like to at least rule out. I could really just use a break from it all.........I think Rachel could too.

So now that we're on a break from the majority of the therapies, I need to figure out how to fill our days. We're buying a membership to our local zoo, so I'm excited to spend a lot of time there with the girls. Now only if the weather would improve!

That's all I have for tonight. I'm boring......

No comments:

Post a Comment