We are on day 9 of illness in this house. Ugh! It started last weekend.
After a very fun day playing outside in the water, Rachel had a fever at bed time. She went to sleep just fine and I wondered if she was just tired or overheated from the day's activities. At around 11 that night, she woke up and threw up all over herself and her crib. Poor baby. I ended up having to put her in the pack in play portable crib in our bedroom. (And I kicked myself for not having extra water proof mattress covers.) Well, I wanted her near me anyway. The next day, she had a fever but then seemed fine by Monday.
I was happy that no one else got sick because our friends were babysitting the girls for Bob and I so we could go out for dinner. I cherish those rare nights when he and I get to "date."
That night, poor little Morgan woke up throwing up all over herself. She woke me up around 1am. I heard her crying and saying, "it's okay, it's okay." She was so upset, and I felt so bad for her. She was in there comforting herself by saying it was okay. My heart breaks just thinking about it. So she spent the night with us in our room.
On Tuesday, Sophia had a fever and her stomach flu was coming out of the other end. Morgan's fever went up to almost 103. It was a pretty awful day. By Wednesday, I thought we were over it all. Then Rachel started coughing and having a runny nose. By Friday morning, our whole house was sick again. I even had a fever that neared 102 ish. Bob and I have really had it rough all weekend. I'm sure all parents would understand how hard it is to take care of sick kids when you're sick yourself. The sleepless nights and fussy days.... Just blah!
In other news, remember when we had to spend a ridiculous amount to replace our oven/microwave wall unit last January? Turns out it was a $2,400 mistake. Our new oven started doing the same thing the old one did. It would just run out of power and die. Long story short.... It has everything to do with the circuit breaker box or whatever the heck it's called. We called the electrician who lives across the street and apparently this has been an issue in most of the homes on our street. He's had to do upgrades to several of our neighbors' homes. So tomorrow our power is going to be off for 6 hours while the replacement/upgrade is being done. This issue also explains why our three year old dryer has been taking almost 2 hours to dry clothes lately. Our electricity bill has also skyrocketed in the last few months. All of our appliances have been running longer because of the shortage of power to them. Isn't home ownership grand? HA!
I'm just hoping that the girls are all on the mend. It's been a lonnnnnnng week and I'm ready to have my healthy happy girls back. I'm doing a lot better myself. Bob still has a pretty awful cough, but hopefully it will be better soon too.
In happier news...... I'm proud to say I have lost 29 pounds in the last 8 weeks. Working out with a trainer and knowing he is keeping me on track, has made all the difference to me. Today I zipped up a pair of jeans that haven't fit me since before I got pregnant. I still want to lose another 30 pounds so I have a long way to go. I missed my work out session on Saturday morning due to being sick so that was a bummer. I'm hoping to be able to go tomorrow. It will depend on my cough and if my sore throat is gone. I'm so OVER being sick.
It's JUNE, not flu season. Apparently, we missed the memo that flu season is over. I say flu since we all had fevers. But... I'm not a doctor so who knows. Plus, we all had flu shots. Grrr... either way, I hate it when we're all sick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment