We did it. We bought a Chevy Tahoe. At first, I thought the inside wasn't much bigger than the cargo space of our van. But then I realized that the whole reason we wanted an SUV was so that we could have other passengers with us from time to time. We're not expecting to go anywhere too far for at least another year, so this didn't need to be big enough to fit either of our triple strollers. Our girls will be out of the stroller stage when that time rolls around. It will fit 3 umbrella strollers just fine if we really must use strollers. (The triple stroller would fit if we removed the back row of seats too.)
I usually do NOT like driving bigger vehicles. I used to run over curbs and such when I would drive Bob's old Dodge truck. (I can't tell you how many times I almost backed into things!) This Tahoe handles so much better than that truck did though. I drove it around a lot this afternoon when I went to the other side of town to buy some climbing structures off of Craigslist for the girls. I totally fell in love with this SUV. In fact, I secretly want this to be MINE! However, I will still happily drive my minivan. I am much more comfortable driving a smaller vehicle anyway.
We already have one extra carseat that I got from a friend. We're not sure if we'll get two more or just switch out the carseats when we want to take the Tahoe somewhere. The Tahoe is really meant for Bob right now. He's going to enjoy it during his upcoming camping trip. I'm glad he was able to get what he wanted. He's been talking about this since May!
I can't believe how excited I am over this purchase! I will really miss our old car. It was meant to be our family car, but having triplets certainly changed that plan! I'm glad that both of our vehicles are now perfect for our family! Plus, this is just one sweet ride!


No comments:
Post a Comment