Bob's been working a lot too. On top of his full time job, he's also working hard on a video game he's creating with a partner. Get ready Facebook, you're about to get a whole new game. Well, in about two more months. Since it's hard to get any work done at home, he's rented a small office space a few minutes from our house to get work done during his spare time. It's an investment for sure, but the game could eventually be the start of something that could be big for our family. I'm super proud of him.
So he's trying to get extra work done and I'm trying to find quiet time for school work. I'm going to go the library every weekend for about 4 hours.....at least that is the plan. I'm keeping up okay. I just may lose my "A" status on my transcript, which is fine with me if I can just finish the classes!
Is that all? Nope! We're also getting ready to finish our kitchen makeover that we started last June. I've had a couple of quotes to replace the floor in the kitchen and our three bathrooms. I am so over the carpet in our bathrooms. The carpet in the girls' bathroom has been both pooped and pee'd on. (By the girls of course.......Aren't you glad I shared that info?) When we start potting training, we simply cannot have carpet in our bathrooms. Plus, carpet in bathrooms is icky. So yeah, in the next couple of weeks, our current floors are going to be ripped out and new ones installed. It's gonna get messy!
If that's not enough..... We're also planning on buying a "new to us" SUV. Our teeny minivan just isn't cutting it and Bob doesn't want to drive his car anymore. We want both of our vehicles to fit the whole family. The minivan only fits us. We'd like the SUV to be big enough that we can fit the whole family plus a couple of other passengers. We're planning trips to the zoo, future vacations, and other outings where we'd like to have someone come with us to help with the girls. It's just not possible with either vehicle right now. I'm so tired of buying vehicles though. Bob and I were laughing tonight. We've been together for a little over 5 years and this will be the 4th vehicle we will buy together. We're not picky, our circumstances just keep changing. Also, one of the cars we bought right before we got married was a crappy VW Passat that broke down all time even though it was less than 3 years old! So yeah, this weekend we will start our search for the perfect family SUV so we don't have to buy any more cars for several years!
Even though we're super busy, it's totally worth it. I don't love that I've chosen now as the time to continue school, but now just makes sense. Unless Bob's video game makes us some big bucks and leads him to other projects, I'll be going back to work some day. So it just feels right to finish what I started years ago.


No comments:
Post a Comment