The girls are just so much fun to be around. Rachel has a new word.... She's ditched her beloved letter "H" and has moved on to the sounds of the letter S. She likes to say...Shay, shay, shay...over and over again.. Sometimes she says... eeeeshayyyyy... And today, she was saying SSSSSSSSSSSS like a snake all day long. I would say it to her and she'd say it right back. Morgan also joined in on the fun and would say ssshhhhhh sshhhhhh. Totally cute.
Sophia... She is really into the da da da da da. She mostly will say DA Da DAAAAAAA..and it sounds like duh duh dddahhhhhh!!! And sometimes, it sounds just like DIE DIE...which we find to be quite hilarious!
All three of the girls can say some variation of Mama. I hear their little voices in the early morning hours calling for me. Maaa maaaaa. It is the sweetest sound I've ever heard. I do wish that I would hear it closer to 7am rather than 6am. hehehehe....
Morgan is still the best at getting around. She can stand on her own for just a few seconds and then likes to grab onto something to hold her balance. I'm not sure when she'll start walking. I'm not in a hurry for it. Sophia, in the last few weeks, starting to pull up to standing as well. She's even cruising the furniture now. For the first week, she took a lot of falls backward, but she kept trying and we haven't had another incident of that for a while now. Sophia still isn't a good sitter on her bottom. She still pushes backward. I'll be bringing it up with their pediatrician at their one year appointment next week. She does sit just fine in the W position on her knees though. Rachel isn't quite pulling up to standing yet, but she does like to stand with me supporting her. I can tell she's interested in doing it alone, but she's still being pretty cautious. She's doing really well sitting up on her bottom though. I spent a long time worrying about Sophia and Rachel being a little bit behind. They do catch up, just at their own pace...which is okay with me. I have to remember how tiny they were and that they were born 5 weeks early!
Sophia and Rachel have also mostly given up crawling.... for walking on their knees. Its the funniest thing I've ever seen. They literally just walk around on their knees. Sometimes if they want to get somewhere faster, they will crawl.....but mostly they are little kneewalkers. Sophia started it and Rachel was quick to follow. Morgan doesn't mess around with that though. She just speed crawls right around her sisters taking their toys along the way!
The girls are all clapping. If you clap for them, they will clap for you. They also like to sit in my lap and grab my hands and make me clap! I don't even mind that when they do it, they pinch me REALLY HARD!!!! We also play a game in their high chairs... I count 1,2,3 then say.. "put your hands up," and then I put my hands up over my head. I've been doing this with them for a few months now. They've always loved it. In the past 2 weeks, they now put their hands up when I do. Its so cute to watch. When I say 1,2,3...I can see the anticipation in their eyes and they get their hands ready to "put up."
So yeah, they are growing so fast! I will say...come see mommy and they will come to me. I really think they are starting to understand some things.
Oh and the big news... We are OFF baby formula and fully transitioned to WHOLE MILK! That's right people....no more spending the big bucks on formula!!!! Woo hoo!!!
I'm sure I forgot something, but its getting late and I need to get to bed! Rachel is doing really well at night now. This mommy is finally getting some sleep! There is talk of putting Rachel back in the room with Morgan and Sophia. We'll have to give it just a little more time, but we're getting close to reclaiming our bedroom!


Congratulations on making it to the other side. (Now the hard part begins!) :)
ReplyDeleteDid you ever think you'd survive that first year? It's amazing looking back and realizing that I'm now one of the "veterans" that new triplet moms and triplet-moms-to-be call to get advice from. Sometimes I still think we're flying by the seat of our pants.
Well, I sure do appreciate all the advice you gave me in those early months and more importantly....during my pregnancy. I can't say thanks enough!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes... I feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants every single day! Yowza!