Thursday, October 15, 2009

We're 8 months old!

Hard to believe the girls are 8 months old. I'm a little late posting their "8 month old" update, but I'm going to (yet again) use my triplet card. I'm a busy sleep deprived mother of triplets! That excuse should get me out of anything......

So here are my Things! Thing 1, Thing 2, and Thing 3. I was lucky enough to "win" these t-shirts at my last club meeting (my local mothers of multiples club). I say "win" because I am the only mom in the club right now with triplet babies. The other triplet moms have school age kiddos. And then of course, the club is full of twin moms with babies and kids of all ages. Anyway... that's how I got those adorable shirts. I'm glad I got some pics of the girls wearing them because they barely fit them anymore (they are a 6 month size). I'm passing them along to a friend of mine who has 6 week old triplet boys! (The girls' future prom dates!)

I know...You want stats! I don't get the girls weighed for another few weeks, but I do know that Rachel is up at 16 pounds, 3 ounces. She had an appointment with her pediatrician to check on her clogged tear duct. (And yes, it is still clogged but getting better.) I don't think Morgan weighs much more than Rachel, but we know Sophia is still the chunky monkey in the lead on weight!

They all have two bottom teeth. Morgan got hers first and then Sophia and Rachel cut theirs on the same day. Must be a weird identicals thing! hehehehe... The girlies are just super cute with their teeny weeny baby toofers!

Morgan is the only one crawling. She is pretty much up on her hands and knees crawling too. The scoot crawl is no more. Morgan is mastering her new skill. She'll be a speed crawler before we know it. She gets so excited and just goes after whatever she wants, which still includes her sister's paci, hair, eye..... you name it! She also sits very well on her own. She doesn't go from sitting to crawling yet, but she's getting close. She also likes to climb on top of her toys and bang the crap out of them. Its quite cute!

Sophia rolls to get where she wants to go. She is just starting to really reach out for things she wants. She's rocking up on her hands and knees now so I don't think it will be too long before she just takes off. I thinks she'll skip the scoot crawl that Morgan started with and just go right to normal crawling. She can also sit up on her own really good.

Rachel is our backward baby....hehehe... She just started to get up on her hands and knees too, but she moves herself backwards instead of forward. She sees something she wants, but then she ends up scooting backwards away from it and then fussing and looking at me as if to say, "Mommy, please help me." She also can sit up on her own, but not for a very long time. She is very curious and so she will reach for something or turn her head and fall right out of her sitting position. She's rocking on her hands and knees too so we're just waiting for her to take off crawling.

Morgan is sleeping through the night like a champion. She sleeps 7pm to 7am without us hearing a peep out of her. (She's our favorite...sleeper...haha!) Sophia will sleep through the night about 5 out of 7 nights per week. The other 2 nights, she just requires some mild paci patrol. Speaking of pacis...they have all mastered being able to grab them and put them in or out of their mouths. Morgan can find a paci in her crib and go right back to sleep if she happens to wake up. (Hint..I put three in there for her every night so she can always find one.) Sophia and Rachel will not yet search out their paci. They just put it in their mouths if they happen to see one hanging around.

So on to Rachel and her sleeping habits...... UGH... Ya'll know she is my little one who keeps me up. She's so precious and little and cuddly... I can't help but cater to her every little need. I've tried the cry it out thing with her. She shakes and screams for way too long. So I'm reading up on some books and trying to decide which way I am going to go with her to get her to sleep all night. Right now the only thing I am consistent at is inconsistency. I put her in bed with me some nights when she is having trouble sleeping. Sometimes I put her in the swing that is next to our bed. (She's in it right now)....Ugh..I'm just lost as to what to do. We were supposed to move her out of the room with her sisters last weekend, but we got busy so that is going to happen this weekend. She keeps waking them up at night which wakes the whole house up!

Well, that's all I can think of at the moment. I'm exhausted as usual and should try and get some sleep myself.

8 MONTHS OLD!

WOW...is all I have to say about that!

1 comment:

  1. oh goodness, they are adorable! I can't believe how fast time flies these days... 8mo old triplets, 2yr old Dylan, and 13mo Lilly. it's just crazy.

    one of the twins would scoot backwards when she was figuring out how to crawl.. and then one day, ZOOM off she went in the right direction at warp speed!

    I'm so proud of you hon.. 8 mo old triplets!

    ReplyDelete