Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dear local Barnes and Noble....

I'm sorry I came into your store looking and smelling the way I did. You see, I'm the mother of triplets. I don't get much sleep and I rarely have time to take a shower....let alone shave my legs, do my hair, .....put make up on etc.! When I put the girls to bed this evening, there was crying....a lot of crying. They cried, I cried...we all cried. I am exhausted. When Daddy came home in the midst of all this, he told me to get out of the house.........so I did. I left the house in a t-shirt that I wore all day and smelled of spit up. I don't remember the last time I showered or washed my hair. I'm sure it has had to be in the last few days, but I'm just too tired to remember. And yes, I was wearing capri pants even though my legs haven't been shaved in who knows how long. And I was wearing sandals even though I am in desperate need of a pedicure. Don't even ask me how bad my greasy hair looked slicked back in that pony tail. Ugh....

But there I was in your store trying to steal a couple minutes of me time and escape all the crying. I couldn't think of anywhere else to go without spending money. I sat in one of your chairs and probably scared your poor customers with my overall greasy-stench-ness. I read some of your books I had no intention of buying..... Well, I am going to buy them, just not from you. (Hello Amazon... for a fraction of the price.) Anyway, I had no business being out in public looking the way I did. I used you!

Oopsie!

No comments:

Post a Comment