A few months ago, I joined the local Mothers of Multiples group. I had been a member of an local online triplets group, (and still am)...I am just really enjoying being a part of this club. Its so nice to have the support and advice from moms who have been there or who are currently in the trenches with me. The group is mostly twin moms, but there are a couple of triplet moms with school age children. Having their support has just been priceless! I get so much encouragement and much needed advice and support from them.
The funny part.... I used to chicken out and avoid meeting new people. I tend to be on the shy side so joining something like this is completely outside of my little comfort zone. Even though I sometimes feel like chickening out and not going to a meeting, I'm always glad I made myself go. I always end up having such a great time and I come home feeling refreshed.
So if you are a new triplet mom reading this...run, run, run to your next local moms of multiples meeting. I'm so happy I joined!
Being a new mom is hard enough, but being a new mom to triplets can really put a person over the edge. Its physically exhausting, mentally exhausting....and just flat out overall exhausting. Rachel is still having sleep issues so I am still sleep deprived. My mom was gracious enough to take Rachel for the night a few nights ago so I could get some much needed sleep. (But of course I'm so used to being awake, that I didn't sleep good. ugh...) But...... As hard as it is, I feel special and very blessed to be Rachel, Sophia, and Morgan's mother. These perfect little babies depend on me for everything. They are really starting to show affection with their smiles and the way they look at me. If I get into the baby play pen, Morgan will stop whatever she is doing and crawl right over to me and just climb up on me. She is mumbling..mamamamamamamama... I know she may not be actually saying Mama yet, but she is OHHHH SOOOO close. Rachel started crawling in the last few days. Sophia is getting close...rocking on her hands and knees. I thought for sure Sophia would crawl before Rachel, but Rachel had to be first. Tiny but first!!!! They are just precious. Precious gifts from God and I will be forever thankful.
.....Even if I never get to sleep 8 hours in a row again. or 7, or 6...or...4. "sigh"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment