
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
I got this recipe off of allrecipes.com. It is sooooooooo good. I did change a couple of things to my taste and it turned out DELISH! Because I love this soup soooooooo much, I wanted to share it.
Here are the ingrediants
1 pound shredded, cooked chicken ( I put the chicken in the crock pot frozen and then shred it after its been cooking a few hours. It turns out just perfect.)
1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed ( I used a can of crushed tomatoes to skip a step)
1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
2 cloves garlic, minced ( I use 3-4 cloves because I LOVE garlic!)
1 quart chicken stock (broth) (the recipe calls for water and chicken broth, but its better with all chicken broth instead of water)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 bay leaf
1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
You'll also need corn tortillas to cut into strips or chips as well as cooking spray, like PAM.
Put chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in the chicken stock, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn. Cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
To make crispy tortilla strips or chips....
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Slice tortillas in whatever shape you want. (I like to just make chips.)
Spray cookie sheet with PAM. Spread cut tortillas onto pan. Spray them with PAM and salt to taste.
Bake about 10 minutes. (Watch these suckers closely...I've burnt them a couple times because I'm such a master chef!)
I also like to add a little cheese and avocado! YUMO!
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!
Side note...to my sister who doesn't like to eat bird... lol.. Use vegetable stock in place of chicken stock, and add a can of black beans instead of chicken!


Wow, I don't even have triplets and I went to Taco Bell. Now I feel lazy.... :) Thanks for the recipe, I may make this for my next girls night!!
ReplyDeleteMel