We're all sick. All 5 of us. It started with Sophia, then Rachel, me and Morgan, and now Bob has it too. I wish they had a vaccine for colds. Being sick isn't fun at all, especially when I can't call in sick. I still have to be the mommy.
My poor little sickies kept me up almost all night last night. Poor things were so miserable. So far, tonight is already better. I should be asleep myself, but I took a nice long nap today thanks to Bob for staying home from work to take care of us. So I guess I kind of got to call in sick. It was like a half day at the office, I suppose. I still had to feed them dinner, do laundry and such. Oh how I crave just a whole day in bed watching movies and eating bon bons.
So yeah, I should be sleeping. I'm finishing up with some grocery shopping (God bless Safeway online shopping and delivery). I heard one of the girls coughing so I went into their room to check on them. All of a sudden, I realized how big my "babies" are. They are so big in their cribs. They look like little people instead of the teeny babies who came home from the hospital under 5 pounds each. It feels like just yesterday I was swaddling them and burping them and enjoying their first smile or the first time they rolled over. How did two years go by already? Wow. Just wow!
We're only on day 3 of this lovely cold. I think we picked it up at the park last week. Since we were getting our new tile floor in the kitchen installed, the girls' two occupational therapists and I took the girls to the nearby park and library for one of our sessions. There was a big caterpillar play structure thing with a face. Morgan kept kissing that face. It was pretty funny to see, but I knew we'd catch something. Sure enough, they had lovely runny poopies all weekend long and now we've got this cold. Awesome-ness all around! Oh I even have a picture of Morgan kissing that stinking play structure too. I'll have to upload that off of my camera one of these days.
Okay, I'm just rambling now. Time for me to get some sleep. I have a toddler behavior class I have to attend in the morning. I'm so behind on my blogging lately. I have to attend this class so that we can get further services from the girls' program. It's for Rachel's eating issues. Lots has been going on in that department, but I'll have to save that for another update. I'm sleepy and my grocery shopping is done! Woo hoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment