Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Birthday to our three little sweeties!

I simply cannot believe that it has been two years since we were blessed with our three precious daughters. I remember the day they were born like it was yesterday. I was 35 weeks, and 1 day pregnant. It was 6 weeks farther than my perinatology team expected me to get. Even at 35 weeks, the girls were so tiny at 3, 4, and 5 pounds. Rachel's little head fit in the palm of our hands. Sophia was a feisty little sweetheart and made it out of the NICU in just over 12 hours. Morgan, well she was Bob's mini me all the way. She still is. I got to meet her first at 10pm after delivering around 5pm. She looked like my husband, only a heck of a lot smaller. I had an instant bond with each of them. Their birthday was the day I finally new how deep a mother's love really is. There is no other feeling like it in the world. I'm so thankful I get to be called, "Mom."

We had the girls' birthday party last weekend. We had a small celebration with just family this year. (Well, and one of my friends who helps us on Mondays, but as far as I'm concerned, she is family!) The girls loved all their presents and enjoyed all the attention they got. They were so spoiled. Here's a cute picture of them opening gifts.


The girls are really starting to talk so much more. Sophia is putting two words together. Her favorite two words are, "need help." She is very into lining up blocks so she can try to sing her ABC's (just like a Barney episode.) And she loves, loves, loves books! Morgan loves to sing. Well, she tries to sing. I think she has an amazing memory. She can spout off all the lines in a lot of Barney episodes that we watch because YES, that purple dinosaur is the king of the world in our house right now. Rachel's speech is starting to take off too. The cutest thing she says right now is, "shoe" while doing the sign for "more" when she is hungry. The sign for more and shoe are very similar and she gets them confused. I love it though. It's too cute when she comes up to me and says shoe when I know she is really asking for food. 

I'm excited to see what the next year is like with the girls. I know we're right on the verge of talking more and communicating better. It's such a cute stage right now..... Difficult of course, but oh so cute which makes it fun too!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to the girls and congrats to mom and dad for surviving 2 years with triplets!!!

    ReplyDelete