Thursday, November 4, 2010

Letting go....

Almost 3 years ago, I received an email one morning from a long time friend. K was my best friend from the age of about 14 on.

When I read the email, I was in shock. She said we had grown apart and that she thought we should part ways as friends. 

I had known that things weren't the same with us anymore. We were both newlyweds and starting new chapters of our lives. I knew something was off, but just figured that because our lives were changing, we'd get through whatever rocky time it was. She was like a sister to me. I truly considered her family. Even if we did grow apart, the thought of not being in each other's lives never crossed my mind.  

I thought it would be temporary. Maybe she'd change her mind and I'd hear from her. News of my triplet pregnancy even went her way, but I still heard nothing. A couple of months after the girls were born, I tried to reconnect. I got no response. I've tried to connect with her several times over the past couple of years, but again, no response. 

It's been really difficult for me to let go. Wondering why K did this has made me doubt myself and doubt the kind of friend I am. It's actually killed some of the confidence I once had. It made me question if the friendship I had with her was even real. It has made me weary about building new friendships. It's crazy how much I have let this affect who I am over the past few years.

I'm finally at the point of being tired of feeling this way. Why have I let this affect me so much? Why have I given this one person control like this? I miss her, but it's just not worth it to me anymore.

It's time to move on. Starting right now.



6 comments:

  1. Oh cuz...I know you've struggled with this for a long time. I'm so glad you're letting go. It is going to free up space in your heart for new friends who love you for who you are. I love you cuzzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know you that well, but what I do know is that she is missing out on a great friend. It's weird when someone is in our life for a season. Letting go will be good and open up room for better friends.

    You are a good friend/person...never forget that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hon. as I've told you before , it isn't you !!!!!!!!!!! It is her ! You are a very kind, thoughtful , loving person !!! She was just defective ! I bet she can't be a true friend to anyone. DON'T ever doubt yourself ! I know how painful this is for you . She is the one who has lost a very dear friend ! You have grown so much in the past few years . You have so many new friends. It is so sad to lose one , but was she really a friend ??? Love You Lots !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ARE a good friend! busy as hell? sure.. for three wonderful reasons. Don't doubt how good a person you are just because of her - it takes two, rememeber?

    Love you, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop giving that jealous girl the power! She is only a friend to herself. It is not you because you have a great personality and you are hilarious to be around. You are a good friend too. PLEASE move on from contacting her it just reinforces her power.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. I really do have awesome friends!

    ReplyDelete