Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The pudding post



These pictures were actually taken back in October. I've just been so busy that I forgot to post about our "adventures with pudding." During their therapy, the girls get to explore all sorts of textures and such. During one of our sessions, they played with pudding. It was so easy that I decided to do it again by myself.....during the girls' dinner. HAHAHAHA... What was I thinking? During their therapy, we had one adult per child and kept the mess under control. My bright idea of doing this alone....Well, you can see from the pictures why I won't be doing this again any time soon. These pictures don't even show half of the pudding damage. 

I gave each of the girls a couple of tablespoons of pudding and a spoon to play with. They are all learning how to get the food to their mouths using spoons and forks. Sophia and Morgan are a little better at this than Rachel is right now, but she's going to catch up soon. 

Here is Rachel. I was surprised she actually ate some of the pudding. 



Sophia getting nice and messy for me.

And Morgan chewing on the spoon. The girl loves to chew on anything. 


 My three little mess makers!


Since this was only their second time "playing" with pudding....OH MY GOSH did they make a mess. I was on my own with them and really didn't think it would be that big of a deal. They ended up getting it all over their hands. Then they touched their hair, their ears, their eyes, the tray, the chairs....... Then they all started clapping their hands. YES, clapping their hands which were COVERED in pudding. Pudding went flying all over the room. It was all over the floor, on the cabinets, and even on my dining area light fixture.  It was crazy. At first, I started crying because I was so overwhelmed like a big fat sissy! Then I just went into clean up mode. I ran straight up the stairs to start a bath for them. I stripped them down in the kitchen and cleaned them up the best I could before getting them all upstairs to the tub. 

By that time, I was laughing. I couldn't believe how messy it got! Once I got them all cleaned up, I plopped them in front of Elmo while I cleaned the kitchen. Lesson learned people!!!!

ANd since this picture was taken about 6 weeks ago.... they have gotten much better with a spoon. This activity was mostly just to explore texture. Needless to say, I haven't tried to do this one alone again!

No comments:

Post a Comment