Yes, I know Halloween was two weeks ago. But here goes anyway.........
I had the best idea for Halloween this year. (okay, it wasn't my idea....I think every triplet mom I know has done this.) I was going to dress the girls up as the three little pigs. I bought the CUTEST costumes from another triplet mom I know online. I was even planning on decorating the choo choo wagon as a house made of straw, a house made of sticks, and of course one of brick. Bob was going to be the big bad wolf. It was supposed to be really cool.
As you can see, it didn't work out. Here are my excuses!
1. Bob was camping the weekend of the Halloween party (hosted by my multiples club) that we were going to go to. My mom was sick and I would have had to take them alone. At 5pm. (that's their dinner time!) So I didn't go....
2. Morgan wouldn't keep that piggy hat on anyway.
3. Our friend's daughter got married the weekend that they normally host the coolest Halloween party in the history of Halloween parties. So their party was a wedding. Except we had to wear nice clothes instead of costumes. It was a fabulous wedding by the way.
4. On Halloween, I had planned to take them to the church carnival. However, my mom was leaving the very next day for a week in Texas to visit my step-siblings so she couldn't go with me. (Bob would rather chew on his hand than take 3 almost two year olds anywhere.) Then I found out they were having a helicopter drop candy for all the kids. Mine would have been screaming holy terror from the noise of a helicopter and we would have had meltdowns times three! And no, I didn't take them trick or treating in our neighborhood either. I just didn't see the point in trying to take 3 toddlers out who can't say trick or treat or eat the candy. We'll go next year for sure.
So now that my excuses are out there... Here is as far as we got with putting their costumes on.
Here's silly Sophia
Rachel was the only one who would leave the piggy hat on for longer than 30 seconds. She actually wore it for over 30 minutes.
Here's Morgan. As you probably can guess, that hand was pulling the hat off. I was lucky to get this picture when I did.
I've decided that since I spent the money on the costumes, I'll just save them for next year. The piggy suits are pretty big anyway and I can always add length to them if I need to. (Okay I don't sew, but my mom can, so I guess I should say she will add to them.) (Note to my mom: You know you want to. Oh and thanks in advance. hehehe)
So yeah, look for the three little piggies making their appearance in 2011!
And just for fun.... Here they are last year on Halloween. I can't believe how much they have grown.
Time sure flies!



No comments:
Post a Comment