Thursday, November 18, 2010

What a difference a day makes

It's funny to me that one day I will literally be crying my eyes out from being overwhelmed and stressed out, and the the next day, I'm happy as can be. What an emotional roller coaster this motherhood thing is.

I knew today would be better. I looked forward to today all day yesterday because I knew I'd have help. I sometimes jog with a friend in the morning. We take the girls in the triple jogger. So I jogged with her from 9-10am. When we got home, I had about 20 minutes until my sister came home to help me for the morning. I'm so lucky to have a sister that helps me so much. Just having an extra set of hands during lunch makes a huge difference around here.  She left when the girls went down for nap.

My mom came an hour after that and folded my laundry. See what happens when I call my mom crying? She comes over the next day and folds my laundry. I'm a lucky girl! When the girls woke up from nap, we took them to the mall. I needed to get out of the house. The girls did great. We walked around, bought some fun stacking cups at the Learning Express store, then had an early dinner in the food court. The girls had cheese quesadillas from Rubios. Mmmmm Rubios!

Oh how I love the days when I have help. On the days when I am alone for over 10 hours, I get so stressed out that I end up sweating the small stuff. I'm so thankful for today. I've got another 10 hour day on my own with the girls tomorrow, but at least I feel refreshed after having such a good day today!

Thanks mom and sis! You made a world of difference for me today! Love you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your day was better!! The girls are at a tough and demanding age...and you are amazing with them! Never doubt that YOU are the mommy that God chose for them!

    ReplyDelete