Sunday, May 2, 2010

Where did the week go?

We've had such a busy week. Seems like it's been this way for a couple of weeks now. Things aren't slowing down this week either. I have to pick up a team packet for a cancer walk that I am doing next weekend. Sophia has her therapy appointment on Thursday. I need to register for school tomorrow night..... Hmm... and somehow get to the post office this week. Oh and get to the bank to start a new spending account to try and keep me on my budget..(which is a whole other post in itself.)... I don't even think that is everything on my list. This will just be another busy week. I don't have any of my helpers this week either. Yikes!

Anyway.... I've been taking some random pictures over the last few days that I wanted to share.


A few days ago, we were playing in the play room. I was working with Sophia on some of her stretches (for therapy of course), and I glanced over at Morgan who had made herself a little bed on the floor. The pillows were already there, but she grabbed the blanket and snuggled herself up. She was so happy just chatting away with herself and checking out what was under the blanket...."hey, are those MY legs?" hehehe... I would love to get inside her head for just a minute.




I'm so proud of Sophia. We've been working hard. I think her therapist, Erin, will be so happy with her progress. She is starting to CHOOSE to sit on her bottom and is a pro at it now. Here she is during what I call, "Sesame Hour." (And that's Morgan standing up in the pink.)



Here are the girls a few minutes after drinking their morning bottle. The girls take after Mommy and Daddy and need a little tv and and some "waking up" first thing in the morning. This particular morning, Rachel was playing with their cheerio blanket. Haha... The cheerio blanket is basically their picnic blanket. haha.. I put a pile of cheerios on it while I am changing diapers in the morning. The girls wake up hungry so I let them snack while I get them all ready for breakfast. Anyway.... Rachel put the blanket over her head and then couldn't figure out how to get it off. She was wandering around the play area with it over her head. It was so funny, I had to get a picture.


Got triplets? Mommy made a big trip to the Carters Outlet store last weekend. I bought 12 long sleeve footie sleepers for Summer. (Because Daddy keeps it 70 degrees in the house year round.) Also got them 10 long sleeve onesies for next winter and 25 short sleeve onesies for the summer and next winter. We got some cute matching outfits and socks too! It's crazy how much laundry we go through. I did end up returning 3 of the sleepers and a couple of outfits because a good friend of mine gave us a bag of clothes a couple days after my shopping trip. We LOVE hand-me-downs!


In other random news...... We have officially decided to switch to Huggies diapers. I have been faithfully using the Target store brand diapers for months. They are the best diaper deal out there aside from the Walmart leaky diapers. However, Target changed something about their diapers and the girls started getting horrible TMI warning ...bloody rash. I was going through aquaphor and desitin like it was going out of style and it still wasn't helping them. Poor babies. I got so fed up that we decided to try Huggies since we love their overnight diapers. Well, we've been using the Huggies for 2 weeks now and the girls haven't had a rash since. It's crazy. I never thought it would have anything to do with the type of diaper. So even though it will cost us a little more, we're making the switch!

Sorry we were MIA last week. I'll try to do better this week. But wow... we really do have another busy week ahead of us!

2 comments:

  1. Poor little rash sisters! That sounds really painful. And thanks for posting about it anyway, I love the Target diapers too, but haven't needed them since they changed them. I'm insanely jealous of your carters trip. The nearest one to me is 2 hours away! Sara needs long sleeved onsies so bad, in colors other than white! But since I see that they will have what I need, I may just make the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had to switch at one point from huggies to pampers because of a persistant rash.. and when we did a test run with the huggies after it had cleard up, it came back! I didn't think it could happen like that either but sure enough to does! Glad you figured it out and got their rumps cleared up :)

    ReplyDelete