Monday, May 10, 2010

Our busy week....

Just as I thought, we had another really busy week. I think things might slow down now. The only thing I have planned today is a trip to Sam's club. Then tomorrow night I am going to my MoM's club's board meeting because I'm helping with the convention that our club is hosting next year. Other than that, no plans at all this week. I also got some things mailed out last week that needed to be mailed. I have such a hard time getting to the post office. Anyway.....

I'll just do a quick recap of our week in no particular order.


I went roller skating with my friend Amy. We had such a good time. Great exercise too! I can't wait to go again. Those who know me well, know that I was a competitive roller skater growing up. I went to the National Competition several times. I loved every moment and really miss it sometimes. As soon as the girls are walking well, we're going to start going to a toddler skating class that one of the local rinks hosts each week. It's more like a play date on wheels, but I still can't wait. And don't worry... they tighten the wheels all the way for the kids so they don't roll.


Rachel finally started to pull up to standing all on her own. I had been walking her through the movements for the past week or so, and she finally did it all by herself. I'm so happy too. Her pediatrician had said that if she wasn't doing this by 15 months, he wanted her evaluated for therapy too. She just made the cut. lol.... She has shown such improvement with her balance too.



Sophia learned how to climb up onto the couch all by herself. She can't resist now. Every time we are in their playroom, she can be found sitting on the couch looking at a book or playing with her toy laptop. Also, she sported 2 pigtails for the first time. So cute!


We wore shoes for the first time. As you can see, Morgan was the only one who kept them on. Rachel and Sophia cried when I put them on their feet. They wanted them off immediately. We'll work on it some more. Sophia did let me put them on her for her therapy appointment last week. She even practiced walking in them. But she wanted those suckers off after about 5 minutes. We'll work on it some more this week.



The girls are getting better using sippy cups. I still give them 3 bottles a day. I'm not in a hurry to make the switch fully to sippy cups yet. I think I'll work on that more between 16-18 months old. Right now, we're still playing with them and drinking some watered down juice in them. (Please ignore the mess in the background... I'm trying to organize my house but am failing miserably.)



This was our first triple stroller. It's the good ol' trusy Norfolk triple. I loved this stroller. But since the seats are so close together, the girls were pulling each other's hair and kicking seats. It was just time to start using the Peg Triple instead. I had tried to give this stroller away, but couldn't find a new owner within my multiples club. So I ended up listing this on Craigslist and I sold it for $75. That's what I call "Ikea" money. I need to go to Ikea and get some shelves or bins or something to help organize all the girls clothes and stuff. I am also trying to sell their dresser/changing table. Now that we have 3 cribs in their room, we had to take the dresser out. There is no room for it. I'm going to do a closet organizer thing with drawers instead. So hopefully I can find a new home for the dresser. I wish we could keep it, but it just doesn't make sense. When the girls move to big girl beds in a couple of years, I'll be getting the kind with storage drawers underneath. Anyway, it was so hard to sell this stroller. It was the first one I bought and I was attached to it for some reason. It has a nice new home though.

So that was our week. We're off to Sam's club this morning. I joined yesterday with my sister. You can't beat $20 for the membership fee. Plus, they are so much cheaper than Costco. They have gallons of milk for $2.35. SCORE!

Hopefully, I will find more time this week to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment