Our house projects have been delayed. We've been so busy on the weekends lately that I haven't had a chance to start painting the kitchen yet. We want to wait until the room is painted before we get the new floor and the new stove range top. We're still going to do it. I'm hoping that I can start painting this week.
The girls have been taking 2 1/2-3 hour naps lately. It's been pure bliss! I was the mama who was seriously sleep deprived and then to top that off, the girls were not good nappers! I think I put in my time. haha... Now they are really good night sleepers and nappers! So much so that Bob and I now take turns as to who gets up early with the girls. I'm glad I can let him get some extra sleep now too.
This past week was crazy busy. It's amazing how one weekend away set me so far back with laundry and just the general keep up I do with this house. Also, we've scaled back our helpers to only 2 per week. I used to have someone coming for about 2 hours per day every day of the week except Tuesday. As much as I appreciated it and truly needed it during the girls' first year, I was ready to end it. Plus, the girls have gotten so big that they were getting hard to lift. I think we've found the perfect balance now. I have a helper for about 2 hours on Mondays and Thursdays now and I really like it this way. It gives us more freedom for outings and play dates. I miss the ladies that aren't coming anymore, but they love the girls so much so they'll be visiting soon. Anyway, my point was that it is harder to keep the house anywhere near clean without the extra help. I'm doing the best I can though. I just need to get organized! I have stuff literally everywhere and it's driving me nuts!
So with all that said, you all might think I am crazy. I'm going back to school in the Fall. Before I got pregnant I was working toward my associates degree in liberal studies. I'm over halfway there and I refuse to give up now. Long story.... but I didn't go to college when I was younger. I was too busy being an idiot. LOL... I'm not sure when or if I will be going back to work. My job is the girls now. I worked for 8 years in the insurance industry. Part of that time was as a customer service rep and part of that time was as an insurance agent. I don't want to go back to that. If I go back to work someday....and I probably will when the girls are older... I want to do something I will enjoy or um...at least not hate. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I'm interested in working either in an infertility clinic or becoming an ultrasound tech. Not sure yet. My first step is to just finish the liberal studies degree I started and go from there. It's going to take quite some time since I can only take 1-2 classes per semester. I have re-applied to the local community college that I went to before, but I can't register until the May 3rd. At least I get to register one day before it opens up to the public. I'm hoping I can get my class online and not have to go to the campus. If I have to go to the campus, I'll just go one night per week. So yay me! I'll get to feel like I'm doing something other than just diapers all day!
Oh Sophia's therapy..... I don't remember if I posted about this before so here it is...either way. She is doing so well that she is only going to be monitored once a month until she is running. lol... Erin wants to make sure that she walks without her toes pointing inward so she is going to keep an eye on us until Sophia is zipping around all over. She took 3 steps last week and will now even take one step all on her own without us prompting her. She is also sitting up very well while playing with her toys. I correct her when she is in the "W" position so she is doing it less and less. I keep working with her every day. She's doing so well. I also work with Morgan and Rachel too. I always thought that babies just learn these skills on their own. The girls are doing so much better now that we are going through these exercises.
Well, that's all I can think of at the moment. Time to get some sleep. I wonder how Rachel will do when she wakes up and realizes Mommy isn't right next to her crib. Yikes!


You are amazing! School in the Fall? :) Awesome! You'd be great as an U/S tech in an infertility clinic! Either of those will be so rewarding.
ReplyDelete