Monday, May 3, 2010

It's official

I'm all registered for school in the Fall. Yay me! I was stressing all day because I was slowly watching several of the online classes fill up and my registration time wasn't until 8pm. But by 8:05 pm, I had registered for my two classes and paid for them! Whew!

I ended up getting Physical Anthropology and Intro to Human Development. The Anthropology class satisfies the last class I need under the "general education" requirements. I'm not excited about taking it, but I read the reviews about the instructor and she got excellent reviews. It was between this class and an Earth Science class. The online Earth Science instructor had about 25 horrid reviews so I thought I'd steer clear from him. However, the Anthro class has a focus on evolution and the apparent science behind it. Well, I flat don't believe in that crap..... so I'll just take it for what it is worth...and that is the credit for the class and nothing more. I'm excited about the Human Development class. It's something I am actually interested in.

I'm happy that I am doing this. I know I am frequently tired and stressed over taking care of 3 toddlers, but I need and want to do this for myself. Now that Rachel is out of our bedroom, we're going to set the extra area in our master bedroom up as an office for me. I can work on my classes and study in there at night. Also, Bob knows that I will be taking some time on the weekends for my school work. He's completely on board with me returning to school! We're not sure when I will be returning work. We know it won't be for several years, so I want to work on my education while I have the chance.

I still need to look into tech schools around here and see what the requirements are for their ultrasound tech programs. I think I will add that to my "to do" list for the next couple weeks. This week is already way too busy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am so excited for you! Human development sounds so precious...especially if they start from Day 1. I still can't believe that our little precious miracles grew from such tiny cells-all perfect right down to their toes.

    ReplyDelete