Monday, April 19, 2010

How was your morning?

I was out of town all weekend.........woo hoo for a girls weekend away to the mothers of multiples Spring convention with all my friends...more on that later......Anyway...

I came home to a messy house and a fire extinguisher sitting on the kitchen counter. LOL... So not complaining about the messy house though. It was Bob's first weekend caring for the girls all by himself, so I'm really proud of him. I know how it is when you don't have help and a clean house is NOT top priority.

The fire extinguisher... well...lol... That was because he did try to clean the oven using the self cleaning option. Apparently, it started smelling like smoke because it was flaming on the inside. No biggie. He stopped it and the flames went out fine. The oven is only half clean, but our home is still intact! Whew....

I'm tired from this past weekend. A lot of fun was had. A LOT!

Today was Bob's day to sleep in. (We are taking turns getting up at 7am with the girls.) I woke up to 2 out of 3 smelly poop diapers. No biggie. Then Morgan starts throwing herself all over the floor because she wanted her milk right that second. Well, I was still changing Rachel. Morgan had to wait another minute.

Then I remembered that the power cord to my new Macbook laptop is um... shredded. It was my fault too. It gets caught on our recliner chair and I pulled on it and it ruined the cord. I looked up the price of the new cord.... $79 plus tax!

Bob got up at 8am and fed the girls breakfast while I called tech support because I was having some technical difficulties re-registering for school after taking the last um.... Whoa... 4 semesters off. Wow.. 4 semesters already. I was registered for full time classes in the Fall of 08, but I had to drop my classes when I realized my pregnancy was going to be a rough one. I'm excited to go back, but still wondering how I will do it. I am not giving up though!

Moving on...

Bob left for work and I started getting the girls ready to go to the Apple store at the mall to replace my power cord.

I unpacked a few things out of my suitcase and noticed I was missing 3 or 4 shirts including my Ralph Lauren sweater. (My one splurge for myself.) My heart sank when I realized I left them in the closet of my hotel room. I called the hotel and the head of housekeeping is out today so they will have her call me back tomorrow. UGHHHHH... I really hope that they have my clothes and will return them to me and that no one took them. I really do not have many shirts that fit me right now. Plus, I love(d) that sweater so much!

45 minutes later, we are all dressed and ready to go. I grabbed Sophia and opened the door that goes out to our garage. I usually prop that door open while I'm loading the girls one by one into the van. Well the doorknob just fell out of the door. My first reaction was.... WHO THE SHMECKLES WAS TAMPERING WITH OUR DOOR.... Then my rational side checked the door that goes to our backyard and it was still locked and secured. Nothing was missing from our garage..... So yeah...no one was tampering with it. It is just an old doorknob and probably came loose. I don't usually grab the door there and neither does Bob so I'm not surprised we didn't know it was loose.

I called Bob to tell him about it and to confirm that it was irrational for me to think that someone is tampering with our house... lol... Yes, he agrees it is just OLD. We'll replace it now.

I got the girls loaded in the van and we headed to the mall.

I went to the Apple store first because I really HAD to get that power cord first in case we had to leave in the hurry for meltdowns. The mall wasn't crowded at all. It was far from it.

I walked into the Apple store and it was just like a super busy weekend in there. There were at least 15 people working there, and they all pretended that me and my three one year olds in their giant bus of a stroller didn't exist. I waited patiently in line at the check in desk for what seemed like forever. When the girls started melting down because they don't like me to stop the stroller.... I finally got some help. LOL... I kind of thought it was funny that as soon as the girls all start crying or whining at the same time, 3 people came over to ask me what I needed. HAHA... They couldn't get me the power cord fast enough! I didn't care. I just wanted to buy the darn thing and get out of there! UGH... $85 later......... What a rip off.

It was now after 11am and I didn't feel like feeding the girls lunch at the mall. Too many people were pointing at us and saying "OMG TRIPLETS" every time we walked by. I decided to stop at Sonic on our way home for grilled cheese for the girls.

By the time we got home, it was 10 minutes past lunch time. Rachel is screaming her cute little head off. I got them all in their high chairs and started passing out the grilled cheese. Sophia and Morgan happily ate theirs up. Rachel (who will eat the grilled cheese 9 times out of 10) decided that she was not having any part of it today. She tossed hers on the floor and started throwing a huge tantrum in her chair. This was the first time she has really done a tantrum in her high chair. I ignored her because I'm trying to get her to stop eating baby food. When Sophia and Morgan were done, I offered more grilled cheese to Rachel. Of course she threw it on the floor and started crying harder. I always do yogurt and fruit with lunch too. So I grabbed the bowl and tried to give Rachel a bite. She pushed the spoon away from her face and stuck her hand in the bowl and dumped it all over herself and her tray!

GRRRRRRR....... I was so frustrated. I had to clean her up and of course it upset Morgan and Sophia that they were getting fed....

I finally got Rachel to eat some of the fruit and yogurt, but UGH... Will that child ever eat something other than mush on a spoon?

All I can say is thank God that nap time is so soon after lunch.

I'm really hoping we have a better afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear... Sounds like a tough day back. Betcha wish you were back at convention, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete