
This picture was taken in the mall on BLACK FRIDAY, because yes... I'm cool like that. I've gotten up early to shop before, but never as early as I did this past Friday. Deana somehow managed to talk this sleep deprived NON-MORNING person into leaving the house at 3am. YES people, I said 3AM! My perky friend called me at 2:55AM and was already in my driveway waiting for me. She's certifiable (insane!) I tell ya! But oh what a good friend....She took me straight to Starbucks, which was open for all of us nuts! Mmmm Chai tea latte!
We were in the parking lot at the mall by 3:30AM! Our plan was to hit JC Penny. They were having a fab sale on small household appliances that I just HAD to have. (really...I had no choice. Things call my name and I can't control it.)
Anyway... We saw people actually getting INTO the store. So we jumped out of the car, but we weren't employees.... haha... The people getting in worked there! So we had to wait outside with the rest of them. We even tried to play the "triplet card" that usually works so well for me hahahahahaha...But not this time. I had to trample people to get to the front of the line. (Yeah right!)
Finally, 4am hit and we ran into the store. My plan was to go straight to the slow cookers, because who could pass up a $13 five quart slow cooker right? I ended up also getting a 7 cup food processor and a blender thingy (just like the "as seen on tv" Magic Bullet) but not the same brand....for a total of $70 for all three items. SCORE!!!
Took those items out to the trunk of the car because, clearly, carrying them around would hold us back from the rest of our shopping!!! (And a cute young hunk carried them out for us :) We went back in, and I ended up buying 3 shirts for myself and three SUPER cute Christmas pajamas for the babies. When the rest of the mall opened, we hit up Macys and I bought some unmentionables. Then we went to The Children's Place where I bought some cute white tights for the babes. After a quick break and some Wetzel's Pretzels, we decided to move on.
So we headed to Best Buy and bought a big fat nothing. Then I remembered Babies R Us was having a super cool diaper and baby food sale. I bought 8 packages of diapers for $40. Turned out to be just 13 cents per diaper, which as you know, ROCKS MY WORLD! Also took advantage of the BOGO sale on Earth's Best Baby food. Got 4 cases for $20. I LOVE good deals! Oh and I bought a toy for the girls too.
The thing that cracks me up about this shopping trip is that it was not MY idea and I spent more than Deana! I would never think to get up at 3am. I tell her that it is her fault I spent so much since it was HER idea. hahaha...I have to blame someone! I was handing out cash like candy!
We ended up having such a great time. I am totally game for doing this next year too. I think we're going to have to get up really early the day after Christmas as well. I'm hooked and the girls' first birthday is right around the corner! Also, we need at least a 12 foot Christmas tree for our tall ceilings. Can you say 50% off? (I can, I can!)
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and a fun weekend. We sure did!


I went out on BF for the first time this year!! I have to give you credit though...3am!!??!! I wasn't out till 9am...and I only have one baby. LOL. I scored some clothes for him at Kohls. :) I didn't know about the diaper and food sale at Babies R Us!!! I'm TOTALLY bummed. Wish I knew. I guess there's always next year!?! However, I hope he will be close to, if not already, potty trained by then??
ReplyDeleteYou mentioned the day after Christmas...are there good sales then too?? I mean I know there are sales, but are they comparable to BF?? I may have to go out again too! HAHAHA.
Proof that you're crazy (YOUR CRAZY....remember?) Oh well, we already knew; we didn't really need proof. Love ya.
ReplyDelete