Monday, November 16, 2009

This time, last year....

As soon as November came, I couldn't help but think about what was going on last year at this time. November 2nd was probably one of the scariest days of my pregnancy. We went in for our routine bi-weekly check up at 22 weeks.....and left the doctor's office fearing for the lives of our babies. Preterm labor. I had been experiencing contractions without knowing they were contractions. My cervix had shortened 2 centimeters in just two weeks. We were facing several very crucial weeks in the pregnancy. I was sent home with medication to slow the contractions and was told that bed rest for the duration was the best way to keep our little ones safe. The next two months were the longest of my life. I was so thankful just to make it to the 3rd trimester against all odds.

Somehow we made it to 35 weeks and 1 day before I delivered the girls. And look at us now. Here we are at over 9 months old. We have three healthy, beautiful baby girls who are thriving.

Our girls amaze me every day, and I feel truly blessed to be their mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment