Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Playing catch up

Since I have been a blog-slacker lately..... I'm going to try and play a little catch up on what the girls are doing.

Morgan
I'll start with Morgan because she is quickly becoming our wildest little monkey. I mean, just look at that face. She's like.. "Hey mom, does it look like I'm going to take a nap right now?" NO!!!!!!!!!

Little Mo Mo is our most mobile baby. She flings her body toward anything she wants to see, grab, touch, or pull on. She can roll around like a little pro. Also, she is just starting to master a little scooting technique. Daddy....we REALLY need those baby gates! She is also very talkative. She makes the cutest sounds...just babbles, and yells, and will literally scream when she is excited about something. At the end of most days, my head is ringing.....not my ears...my entire HEAD! Oh and she is really getting good with the hand eye coordination. She can grab her paci now and put it in her mouth....This really is the day we have been dreaming of because Morgan required A LOT of paci patrol. Now...teeth!!! She was the first to get a tooth. She cut her first tooth and then just a couple of days later, cut the second one. Now they are about halfway in and she has the cutest smile with her wittle bitty baby teef!!!
Sophia
Our little Fi Fi is just the happiest baby....I know...she looks a little sleepy in this picture, but she is just so darn precious and lovable here, I had to post this one. She really is a mommy's girl. She doesn't like it when I leave the house without her. Apparently, she gets a massive case of mommy-itus. Anyway, she is rolling both ways like a little champion as well. She is also just learning to scoot to get what she wants. She is the closest, I think, to getting up on her hands and knees. She really pulls that chest up high with her arms when she is on her tummy. She's not putting her own paci in her mouth yet....but as a courtesy, she does open wide for it when she sees it coming. She smiles and giggles all day long. It doesn't take much to get her to laugh. She just cut her first tooth this past Friday....so we can just start to see it when she smiles.
Rachel
Rachel is still the little peanut. She doesn't weigh much less than Morgan, but for some reason she just looks a lot smaller. As you can see, she likes to sleep on her tummy. She was really fussy that day so I rubbed her back so she would sleep. She has trouble falling asleep for naps. Anyway... she isn't quite as mobile as her sisters, but when she really wants something, she'll surprise me and roll over to it and grab it. She doesn't do it often, but when she wants to......she will! She frequently gives us these wide open mouth smiles that crack us up. Funny thing.... she and Sophia both cut their tooth on the SAME day. I'll tell ya...that was a fun day for this Mama!
So that brings us to where we are now. The girls are really doing very well. None of them are sitting up on their own yet, but they are all VERY close to it. I can put them in the sitting position with a toy right in front of them and they can sit unsupported for about 5-10 seconds before falling over. They are just so cute to watch. I think this pretty much sums up anything you missed while I was the world's biggest blog neglector. I am going to TRY to update this more often....
Edited to say... I am NOT happy with the way this post came out. Blogger changed it's editing format and I am too tired to fix this right now...so this is how this one will look. I don't even have the energy to proof read so....oh wella wella! And where is the spell check?

2 comments:

  1. Oh you totally spelled everything correctly. :) I loved reading updates about the girls. They are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the updates too!

    oh.. random thing i was just talking about for teething. those pacis you can suck water into them and freeze 'em. works pretty well for Lilly :)

    ReplyDelete