There are so many nights where I crawl into my bed with full intentions of writing something here. But then after I read emails, check Facebook, start chatting with my close friends..... I just run out of steam and end up passing out asleep before I actually post something. I usually don't even get on the internet or open my laptop until at least 7pm when the girls go to bed. So I'm just going to post a few things about what has been going on.
Rachel's feeding therapy is still about the same. She's still licking new foods and playing with them, but she hasn't eaten anything new lately. The good news is that she is finally drinking Pediasure. I was at Target about a month ago and just happened to notice that Pediasure came out with a new juice drink. I had tried the formula/milky drinks before and she can't stand them. She's loves juice and she's loves drinking out of juice boxes. The Pediasure juice comes in two flavors. She doesn't like the tropical fruit flavor, but she likes the wild berry. I know it's not food, but I'm thankful that she's drinking this now.
We're five months into her feeding therapy and I have mixed feelings about continuing. I got Julie to admit that Rachel's progress is going at a much lower rate than normal. I guess I'm not surprised. She's always been a tough case. On one hand, I see the improvements. She doesn't freak out over a new food being placed in front of her. She will actually pick it up, smell it, and sometimes lick it. But on the other hand, she still isn't eating anything new. We're spending one hundred dollars per week to watch her lick food and not eat it. It's beyond frustrating. We were told that she'd be eating at least four new foods by twelve weeks in. I know that SOS feeding therapy is a very slow process, so I'm trying to keep the faith. Her old feeding therapist is going to a seminar that is being held by the Los Altos clinic in June. She told me she would let me know if she learns anything that may help us. I considered Los Altos clinic back in December, but it's just really expensive and not close enough to home. But if it could help, we might reconsider it (but would have to win the lotto) because.....well.... I'm desperate at this point.
So what else.... Yeah... I think I broke my toe this morning. It's perfect timing too. I just signed up for a non refundable half marathon three days ago. It's July 29th. I have never been in better running shape before. I can comfortably run 4-5 miles each jog and have even done 6 miles a time or two. I just started a twelve week training program this week. I've wanted to run a half marathon for so long but have always been too scared to give it a try. This time, I signed up for it and one of my best friends was going to go and cheer me on since Bob would need to stay home with the kids. So this morning, I banged my toe underneath our recliner rocking chair/loveseat couch. I heard a pop and felt the worse pain I've felt in a long time. I looked down and saw my pinky toe was hanging limply to the side. I couldn't move it. I ended up popping it back into place. It hurts so bad and I've been limping all day. I'm really hoping it's not broken. I've buddy taped it and am hoping for the best. If it's broken, I'm not sure I'll have enough time to work up to my 13.1 ... But I'm certainly not going to give up either.
Well.. I've been working on this pathetic post for over an hour now. I'm fading.... and am half asleep. I guess this means that this is it for tonight. Oh well....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment