Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bummmmmmmer!


My poor little toe is broken. I tried to deny it for over 24 hours. I woke up on Friday morning and my toe was purple and black and hurting like crazy. I still tried to pretend it wasn't broken. I ended up calling my mom to come over so she could help me with the girls. Plus, I had to get Rachel to her feeding therapy.

She brought some medical tape and helped me buddy tape my toe. Then we wrapped it up in an ace bandage and I somehow managed to keep pretending it wasn't broken. I barely fit my flip flops on over the swelling. After driving the 30 minutes to therapy, my whole foot was throbbing. Of course it's my right foot so driving is difficult. By the time Rachel's appointment was over (where she of course didn't eat anything new and I suffered through watching another hundred bucks slip out of our bank account), I was in so much pain that I just couldn't pretend I had just "bruised" it. So I called my doctor and she was able to get me in for an xray and an appointment last minute.

So turns out, the toe is broken. At first it wasn't clear how bad of a break it was so Dr. K had the nurse wrap my foot and treat it as a fracture. Isn't my big blue shoe just so cute? I get to wear it for 8 weeks. Dr. K called me after she had a podiatrist review my xray. He recommended that I should not even THINK about running for 8 weeks minumum. I also have to follow up in about 3-4 weeks for another xray to make sure this is healing right since the bone was apparently crooked. I am so disappointed that I can't run the half marathon that I literally just signed up and paid for a few days ago. I was so pumped up to do it and was looking forward to increasing my weekly miles.

Plus, it's not going to be easy keeping up with the girls while I'm hobbling around. I'm hoping that I will at least be able to walk better in a couple of weeks. Preschool drop off and pick up just got a lot more complicated.

I guess I should look at the bright side.... At least I got a cute pedicure a few days before this all happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment