We had Rachel's check up this morning for the growth on her ankle. The pediatric surgeon has decided that it's best to remove it now. It kind of freaked me out that he made that decision so quickly, but the growth has doubled in size in the last two months. It's now growing kind of funky to the side too. It looks different than it did the first time before the last biopsy. Last time it would sometimes bleed, but this time it's kind of dry looking.
I wasn't surprised that he made this decision. I knew it was coming. I'm thankful that we don't have to wait another two months wondering when it will be. I'm supposed to hear from the scheduling clerk in the next couple of days. Dr. D said she would likely have the surgery either on the 10th or the 17th. I really wish we didn't have to go through this. I so sad that my baby has to have surgery where they are totally putting her under. It's an outpatient procedure so we don't have to stay overnight. I know she is in good hands, but it's hard not to worry. I just want to get us both through this.
I was so emotional today. The thought of Rachel going through this just breaks my heart. I'm so thankful for my girlfriends tonight. I just got home from a fun night out with three other triplet moms. I really needed them after a day like today! I will update with more info after I find out when exactly the surgery will take place! Time for me to sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment