Sunday, December 26, 2010

Where do I begin?

Wow. I don't even know where to begin.  I've wanted to post an update almost every night for two weeks. It's just that by the time I think of it or sit down in front of my computer, I'm too tired to think straight.

We spent an entire week where our whole family was sick. That pretty much sucked. I was most disappointed that we had to cancel the girls' therapy for an entire week. So by the time we start back up in January, the girls will have gone three weeks without therapy. I've still been working with them every day. They are really blossoming. Morgan and Sophia are repeating (or trying to repeat) everything we say. Even Rachel is saying a new word almost every day. It's really fun listening to them talk all day long.

We had a nice and busy Christmas. It was next to impossible to get any pictures of the girls all together. We put them in the cutest little Christmas dresses too. I'll post a few pictures once I get them uploaded off of my camera.

We've had some home ownership excitement/drama. Our oven/microwave unit broke last night. At least it stopped working after Christmas dinner. haha... It has been giving us issues for over a month now so I knew this was coming. The lights in the microwave have been flickering and the oven has been taking twice as long to cook food. Anyway, boring story short.... we had to buy a new one. I was beyond to shocked to see that these oven/microwave insert units are super expensive. We ended up paying $2,400 for the unit and installation. We bought a GE since the current one we had was a GE and it worked for 20 years! It's always something though.  At least we are still able to get the kitchen floor replaced next month as planned. This has been one expensive year! Yikes!

Oh and the new unit won't be installed until January 3rd or 4th. I've got to get by with no oven or microwave until then, which isn't going to be easy since I use both just about every single day. I might have to get a toaster oven since my kids like things in the "stick" variety. You know... fish sticks, french toast sticks......Oh how I wish I could get them to eat real people food!

Not much else going on. The days are busy and my house is almost always a mess, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I'll post some Christmas pics in the next couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment