Thursday, March 22, 2012

When you just know

While the girls were all in school this afternoon, my mom and I went out to lunch. We talked about the recent transition from the girls' therapy program to their preschool programs and how it's been a tough transition for me.

In their therapy program, I got constant feedback about how the girls were doing and felt very supported by everyone in the program. I knew that there was always someone to listen to my concerns and offer up suggestions on how to handle certain situations with the girls. I was there for every toddler class and therapy session and felt very involved in the whole process.

With the preschool program, I don't get as much feedback. Well okay, Sophia and Morgan's teacher always talks about how the class went and how the girls did when I pick them up. Rachel's class has eleven kids in it, so when I pick her up, there isn't time to discuss the details I crave. The teacher and her aide's are quite busy making sure the right kid is getting handed off to the right parent. I completely understand that they aren't going to hold my hand through this process. I know I could ask for more details by phone or email, but I really don't want to be that "annoying" parent who needs to know every little thing.

So at lunch, I was telling my mom about this and how I wished I knew more about how Rachel was doing in class. Then just about two hours after our conversation, we went to pick Rachel up from school. As my mom and I were getting the girls into the truck, her class OT was walking out to her car and stopped to talk to me. She ended up giving me all the details I've ever wanted to know about how Rachel is doing in class. She told me that Rachel is behaving really well, following directions, sitting well for circle time, waits in line for her turn, loves music time, and is just a joy to have in class. She told me about how snack time goes and how happy Rachel is at recess. I seriously almost cried because I was so happy and relieved to know all of this. It made my day!

I just know that God is hearing me. He knows what I need and is blessing me with it. It's moments like this when I realize that I need to stop worrying so much and trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment