My doctor told me it is Parotitis, which is a swollen or blocked salivary gland. This kind of random crap seems to happen to me. It's usually caused by a virus or bacterial infection. Well, all the girls were sick and I had a bit of what they had, so maybe that's why. Either that or I am just way too stressed out and my immune system is suffering because of it. Another reason people get parotitis is because of poor oral hygiene, and I simply do NOT have poor oral hygiene. Ever since my dentist told me that almost all of my tooth enamel was destroyed from puking so much during my pregnancy (I sometimes threw up 5 times a day and that lasted almost the whole pregnancy), I am beyond careful when it comes to my teeth. I brush twice a day with prescription toothpaste and floss not once, but sometimes two times a day! So yeah... Let's just be clear that it's not due to that!
So I'm being treated with antibiotics. Heck, everyone in the house has been on antibiotics so now it's my turn. If it doesn't clear up in two weeks, I will be referred to a head and neck surgeon. When my doctor told me that, I actually started laughing. Like I don't have enough stress to deal with. Let's just throw this in for fun. She did make me feel better by saying that 90% of these cases clear up on their own. But if it doesn't, apparently my face could swell up. Bet that would be sexy......
I sent a text to a friend and told her about my diagnoses. She called me a freak of nature. I am starting to think she might be right!


No comments:
Post a Comment