I had my surgery on the 29th. It was a lot more difficult that I thought it would be. I thought I'd have a nice weekend of rest in bed. You know, I'd read a book, catch up on some movies, and just relax. HA! I guess I had forgotten that when you have surgery, they actually cut you open.
The good news is that the surgery stayed minor. I had 3 small abdominal incisions and that was it. The very surprising part of all this is that my doctor didn't find a trace of endometriosis. I have had previous surgeries and endo was always there. When I heard he didn't find anything, I felt like I had done the surgery for nothing. However, what he did find was a ton of scar tissue that was pulling my uterus and right ovary to the left. I've had pain on my right side almost every day for over a year. It always felt like my insides were being pulled on. In a sense, they actually were. There were spider web like scar tissue that attached those parts to the inside of my c-section incision. Crazy to think about. I didn't actually get to talk to my doctor after the surgery, but will be able to see the pictures and get more information at my post op appointment in early June. Bob got to see all the pictures and talk with my doctor.
Where was I? I was way too drugged out in pain. I basically woke up from the surgery moaning (and I'm told...kinda yelling) in pain. I remember feeling like my left side was on fire and it was throbbing. I woke up at around 1pm and we didn't go home until a few minutes after 4. I ended up spending the entire weekend on double doses of vicodin. It's all pretty much a blur since I slept almost the whole time. So much for watching movies. Bob worked from home for most of last week and we had a lot of help. My mom and sister were here a lot. My friend, Claudine, came over for a whole day to help out. She even gave the girls a bath for me. She's a triplet mom too, and it was obvious since bathing three 2 year olds didn't phase her one bit. One of my friends even did our grocery shopping for us! I'm so thankful for such awesome friends!
I'm actually feeling much better physically now than I have for the past 2 years. I no longer wake up at night or in the morning with abdominal pain. I don't randomly double over in pain if I move the wrong way anymore. I haven't even had to take motrin since a few days after the surgery. I used to take 4-8 motrin per day just to get through. I'm optimistic that I'll be pain free long term for the first time in a very long time! Oh and yes, I did go through with getting my tubes tied. You know....due to the economy, the hotel is closed for business. hahahahaha.....
On a side note..... Rachel tried a couple of new foods the last week of April. Just after that happened, she surprised us again and ate 5 new crunchy foods in the same day. She's not eating all of those foods right now and is refusing 2 of them, but this is still a step in the right direction. Her feeding therapist has decided to take a step back and stop coming for about 4-6 weeks to give Rachel a chance to progress on her own without the stress of us making her touch foods she doesn't want to touch. We have an appointment with the behaviorist tomorrow morning. I'm going to discuss whether or not we should continue as well. I'm just not sure that stressing Rach out right now is the best idea for her. On one hand, I want to let her eat what she wants to eat. But on the other hand, I want her to eat a variety of foods for the nutrition of those foods. I'm very concerned that she doesn't get enough of the right stuff. Ugh, so frustrating. It's hard to explain how I feel about everything right now. It's kind of a "one day at a time" thing.
I keep telling myself that I will post more often. I took some super cute pictures of the girls last Friday when it was so hot that we let them play in their little pool. They had an absolute blast! I'll have to get those uploaded.
For now, as usual......... It is past my bed time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment