Monday, July 26, 2010

Surprise!

I had to cancel Rachel's food/eating therapy appointment last week because I didn't have anyone to take care of Sophia and Morgan. I felt so guilty that I had to reschedule it. However, today she surprised me and finally picked up a new food and ATE IT! Guilt gone. hahaha...

I always offer her foods I know she won't eat. She usually tosses it on the floor. Then I whip out her baby food and we call it good. Well today, I decided to keep giving her peices of french toast sticks at lunch time. I was going to hold off on letting her see the baby food for as long as possible. I gave her the smallest peices of the french toast that I could. She picked up a peice and actually ate it. I could tell she liked it. Her little face lit up and she leaned forward and looked at the plate I was holding. I knew that meant we struck gold!

I was so excited that I had to take pictures of this major milestone!



Wow Mommy, is this what real food tastes like? I've been missing out!


I was so happy that she ate some at lunch so I decided to give her more for dinner. I want her to get used to eating this like she is with some other foods she will accept. She ate it up again! (Of course I gave her other healthier foods as well. ) I'm going to give her more tomorrow so that she becomes familiar with this. I'm hoping today wasn't a fluke. I don't think that's the case. I have been noticing that she is taking an interest in the foods I give to Sophia and Morgan. She's also eating some of the lumpy foods I've been offering without spitting any out.

I'm just so proud of her. I'm hoping that my days of buying baby food will soon be over!

1 comment: