Friday, July 2, 2010

Am I crazy?

I think I might be crazy. As if I weren't busy enough, I've added a couple of "jobs" to my already crazy days.

I've recently accepted a position as a moderator/leader for a new website for parents of multiples. I'll be heading up the triplet parenting section. It's not very time consuming and the website isn't very active yet. I'm hoping it will be soon. I'm not getting paid, but if/when the website starts to make money, some of it will trickle down to me. Either way, I'm excited to have something to do other than change poopy diapers and sing the ABC's all day.

I also accepted a board member position in my mother's of multiples group. I had told myself that I wouldn't volunteer until after the girls' second birthday, but I was talked into it. I will be co-chairing "membership" with a friend of mine. She and I will be responsible for hosting the "new parent" meeting that happens before our general monthly meeting. We will also follow up with our new and prospective members and will answer any questions they have an make them feel welcome. I'm happy to do it. I feel like I have a lot to offer a new expecting mom given everything I've been through with my infertility and triplet parenthood.

I have seven weeks until the Fall semester starts for school. I'm about to be a very busy mommy! I don't think my volunteer work is going to take up that much time. I'm committed to two monthly meetings for my multiples club.... The board meeting and then the general meeting. That's only 2 evenings a month. Also, my classes are online so everything can be done from home. I will just need to get myself on some sort of set schedule. I was table leader for our general meeting a couple of months ago and completely forgot to follow up with the people at my table after the meeting. I was supposed to start an email chat about our topic, but yeah... COMPLETELY FORGOT! It's not like me to not follow up like that!

So with all that said, I know I can handle all of this. It feels really good to be able to help other moms who are having multiples. It's a truly unique experience that you can only understand if you've been there. I'm just going to need to get myself a good day planner and stick to my schedule. (And work on my confidence lol)

In other news, the girls are going through some sort of....I don't know what to call it... A phase maybe? Today is day number FIVE that they've been fussy and whiny if I'm not doing something with them every second of the day. Gone are the days where they would just play in the play room happily. I've had to plan activities every morning of this week. I've had a head ache for two days so I was trying to just stay home this morning. I ended up taking them to a new park. Well, not a new park, just a park we haven't been to before. I just put them in the jogger stroller and we walked around. I have to admit I was jealous of some of the singleton moms there. They actually get to let their kids out of the stroller to run around. I wish I could let the girls do that. Oh well. Then we went and picked up some lunch and came home. I'm really hoping for a good afternoon with them. I think they are at the stage where they need more stimulation and things to do. I'm going to have to get creative!

Well, at least the weekend is here! Lots of house projects to work on. I need about 36 hours in a day.

24 just isn't cutting it anymore!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment