Saturday, January 16, 2010

So much to do...and eating my own words!

First I'd like to report that our sweet Rachel has slept like a perfect little angel for the past three nights in a row! We think she heard us talking about putting her back in the girls' room last week. We think she just wanted to stay in the room with me just a little longer. I'm not convinced that she won't keep waking up at night and we don't want her to wake her sisters. So for now, her crib will remain in our bedroom. Not the best arrangement, but Morgan and Sophia are very good sleepers when Rachel isn't waking them up!

Now on to their birthday party planning. Seriously, could I be more of a slacker? Their party is THREE little weeks from today. Have I sent invitations? no... Have I bought invitations? Yikes..NO! Have I planned anything? Yeah, not really..... maybe a little.

I did visit our local Party City store last night to try and get the ball rolling. I found out they have some great custom invitations that are fast and affordable. I'm going to go get them ordered tomorrow during nap time. The guy said he would process them quickly for me and have them ready for pick up on Monday! WOOT! Maybe he took pity on my desperation?

So that means I need to plan everything today. We already know the date and the place.... I just need to figure out the time and the invitation wording. I have tonight to do that. I've been looking forward to this for quite some time. I guess I am just a procrastinator at heart!

I also have to admit that I am eating my own words. Open mouth, insert foot... or in this case, insert everything I've ever said about first birthday parties! You see, I have to admit.... I have SERIOUSLY made fun of some friends who have these big first birthday parties for their baby. That was before I became a mother myself. I had NO IDEA how much this matters to mothers. Not only is it a celebration of your baby's (or in our case BABIES) first year, but it is also a celebration that you made it through that difficult first year. Its kind of like a maiden voyage for motherhood. One trip around the sun. This is a BIG DEAL!

In our case, its not only a celebration of their first birthday and the survival of the first year for us, but it is also going to be a BIG thank you to all of our friends, old and new, that have helped make this year so amazing and special. We've been so blessed with so many helpers that have taken the time out of their week to do whatever they can to make things just a little easier for us. I can't even tell you how much our helpers have meant to us.

So to my friends who have had to listen to me tease them...... I apologize! You were right when you told me that I'd understand once I had a baby. In my case, it is THREE babies, but I totally get it now.

Wish me luck.... I have three weeks to get everything planned and ready! I can't believe our babies are almost a year old!

Excuse me, I have to go cry now!

1 comment:

  1. I so can relate! People still think we're crazy for our big 1st birthdays, but You did survive an amazing year and Your babies are here and healthy! Have fun planning! If you need any ideas (not that we did much) Our trips turned 1 in Sept and we have pics from those posts!

    ReplyDelete