Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy Birthday to our precious daughters!


Three years ago, at this very moment, I was in the hospital with Morgan in my arms for the very first time. She was released from the NICU just hours after her birth. I remember looking into her precious little eyes and crying tears of joy.  I was too weak from the c-section to be able to go down to the NICU to see Sophia and Rachel. I didn't get to see Sophia until around 6:30am the following morning when she was out of the NICU. I would finally get to touch Rachel that night at around 8:30pm. I didn't get to hold her yet because she was so small, but I got to touch her precious head. I remembering feeling the most overwhelming feeling of love for my girls. It's true that you really don't know how strong a mother's love is until you become one. 

It's hard to believe three years have passed. Our girls are our everything. We are so blessed to be their parents. Rachel is such a silly little girl. She is going through a phase of making the funniest little faces. She does this super cute thing where she looks at you kind of from the side of her eyes. She loves to laugh and play around with us. Sophia is using full sentences now, and we can have little conversations with her. She loves to play with Little People toys and has a favorite little doll. Morgan has blossomed so much in the past month. She's talking to me, asking for things that she wants, and her eye contact has improved. Her favorite toys right now are Wonder Pets stuffed animals. She carries them around with her all day long. 

My girls are three years old. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was staying up all night feeding each one of them, one after another. Those nights are still so vivid in my memory. I remember holding them in my arms when they were all less than 5 pounds. Now I can't even call them toddlers anymore. 

Our babies have blossomed into preschoolers. I just don't know where the time went!

Happy Birthday sweet girls. Mommy loves you more than you'll ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment